MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default KC Mini Bash

I will be in KC on Monday, June 13. KCquer and I will be meeting for lunch at Famous Dave's next to the Kansas Speedway. If any other of the KC area brothers could make it, PM me or KCquer for details.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2005, 04:19 AM   #2
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Default RE: KC Mini Bash

Bigdog and I will be having lunch today at Famous Dave's near Cabela's and the Speedway at Noon. If ya want to join us just look for the hat's with the flaming pig!!
(Q joint review to follow!)

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Default RE: KC Mini Bash

Just had a great lunch with Bigdog. Always great to meet a Brother. The Q was avg resturant Q, the Brotherhood was outstanding. Thanks for the invite 'dog, can't wait until we can sit down to some of our Q!!

They give me shivers when they bounce around, buckled up or draggin' on the ground, I like big....Joe Walsh
Old 06-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
Bigdog

Had an awesome time meeting kcquer today. Q was fair, but good for chain Q. Brotherhood was superb. kc is a great guy. I had the rib tips which were quite good. I shared one with kc and he said that they were good too. He had the 2 meat platter with brisket and ham. They both looked dry, no way up to our standards. kc is a brisket master, and the brisket that he had today is not even in the same league as his or mine. One of my specialties is ham, and I would be embarrased to serve that ham. We both agreed that we have tough standards and rearly are happy with restaurant Q. As we left I was given some Fiorella's Jack Stack KC BBQ Sauce. I will look forward to cracking them open with some of my own Q. Thanks for the sauce and the fellowship bro.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:28 PM   #5
Jeff_in_KC

Damn it that's what I get for being so farkin' busy that I don't have time to hop on here!!! I actually drove by Famous Dave's in KCK around 11:00 AM on the 13th! I would have arranged my schedule slightly different so I could have been there had I not been being over freakin worked and had read this thread earlier! Oh well, glad you gentlemen had a good lunch! Maybe next time!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #6
Bigdog

I wondered why you didn't answer this until now. Should have PMed you. That is so weird that you were in the neighborhood. Next time I want to "meat" at Arther Bryants.
Smoke on Brother KC
Old 06-22-2005, 07:24 AM   #7
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Quote:
Next time I want to "meat" at Arther Bryants.
We'll have to bring that up for a vote, I was thinking Jack Fiorella's Smokestack would be a good place. 'Dog, did you get a chance to go there?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquer
Quote:
We'll have to bring that up for a vote, I was thinking Jack Fiorella's Smokestack would be a good place. 'Dog, did you get a chance to go there?
Don't get the "hot" bbq sauce at Jack's.

Me no likey

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 AM   #9
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98
Quote:
Quote:
Don't get the "hot" bbq sauce at Jack's.

Me no likey
Me no likey much at all at Jacks! Where's the pulled pork??? The sliced pork is DRY! The sauce is pretty good though. I do like the hot one.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #10
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Quote:
Where's the pulled pork???
You could say that about 90% of the Q resturants in KC. Not that lack of pulled pork bothers me.
If we want good Q at the next meating, it'll have to be at Jeff's or my place. Resturant Q just doesn't measure up to Brethren standards.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
Bigdog

Quote:
Quote:
No. Went home shortly after our meeting.
Smoke on Brother KC
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #12
Bigdog

Quote:
Quote:
Where's the pulled pork???
You could say that about 90% of the Q resturants in KC. Not that lack of pulled pork bothers me.
If we want good Q at the next meating, it'll have to be at Jeff's or my place. Resturant Q just doesn't measure up to Brethren standards.
That works for me. :D
Smoke on Brother KC