THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May i suggest hanging the jerky with toothpicks, you can get much more in there. And 160-70ish are good temps.

May I suggest send a pound or 4 here to help you get rid of it!

Looks great!

Very nice!! Looks like a good batch of jerky right there. I always make the temps hit 160, for safety purposes. Good option, having the fans in there.

Looks awesome! How do you like the converted freezer? I've been thinking of doing one like that myself. Can I get some more pictures of the freezer and tips to converting it? It would be much appreciated!

I made me one many years ago from an old upright freezer, built a firebox for underneath and had a single stack at top with a fan inside to stack to do the drying after smoking. I just screwed some wood slats to the sides and had stainless rods going across to hang from. We I moved into a new house I left it at the old one.

Back