MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Mentor available Florida preferred

Ok I'm now retired from competition cooking. I'd still like to keep a hand in. If you have a new team or are cooking backyard and are good cooks already I might be able to help you jump up the standings in the pro division. Been competing since 2001. I've taken classes from some of the biggest names in. BBQ. I took what I learned and applied it to how I cooked. I don't want to tell you how to cook or what flavor profile to use. I can offer suggestions on things you can try to tweak what you do. All I ask is you feed me, provide a room or comfortable place to sleep and gas for the car. I don't want to trim meats or cook all night. I will bring my knives and few few things you might want to try using for a cook. For Florida teams the cost would be minimal.

Can't promise you will win but I can promise you will get some tips in process that will help you to improve. Pm me if interested.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

And, to top it off, he is an all around good guy!

TIM
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Illinois is close to Florida...

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Thermal Mass
is one Smokin' Farker

I don't compete but boy if did and were in FL, what at treat!
Pretty cool offer Ford!

I am fairly new here so forgive any ignorance but have you considered doing classes of any type? If you have all the goods, knowledge and some space, you could really amp up the fun and maybe clear a few$?
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153650[/URL]

"[COLOR=Navy]When it comes right down to it, you just want to be surrounded by good people and good food."[/COLOR]-Chuck Hughes
Thermal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

connecticutt is nice this time of year...

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
Big Zander
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Wanting to experience competition.

Greetings everyone,

I live in Northern California, more specifically the sf Bay Area.

I would like to experience competition first hand. I have a deep love for Q, and I am looking for a way to scratch that itch.

Long term plan, I am not sure if I want to go out on my own, or find a team to join. I feel that seeing a full competition first hand will give me an idea how comfortable I feel in that setting, and if it is what I'm looking for.

So if anyone would like some help, or is willing to spend some time just talking, please let me know.

I have experience in a kitchen atmosphere, back yard Q, and some catering for small groups (around 20 people).

Thank you for your time.

Sean
Big Zander is offline   Reply With Quote