MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
Florida Q
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Shirley warmer temps

I'm currently shopping for my first quality smoker and the Shirley 24x42 is top of my list. Does anyone know the temperature difference between the cook chamber and warmer? I'm trying to decide if i need/want the warmer option and what i could use it for. Is it low enough to cold smoke some things while the brisket cooks? So far i've spent more time researching smokers than I did my car so I appreciate any advice you can offer.
Florida Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #2
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

On my 24x55 with insulated fb my warmer runs 150-160 when I have the main cook chamber at 300. With regular fb it runs 200ish. You can open the exhaust on the warner and get the temp to go down.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
Florida Q
Knows what a fatty is.

I've been accused, cough cough wife, of buying toys with the most lights and buttons. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it again. Or if I was I had a good reason.
Florida Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Q View Post
I've been accused, cough cough wife, of buying toys with the most lights and buttons. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it again. Or if I was I had a good reason.
That's a common, highly contagious disease around here.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #5
dadymat
On the road to being a farker

I use mine often..i have the damper and the main chamber damper and can operate the warmer and cook chamber at any temp i need....i usually do chicken and brisket in main chamber at 300 degrees along with ribs in the warmer at 250-275 degrees.....or its great just to cook in just the warmer for smaller cooks

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

150 insulated, 200 uninsulated just from radiant heat.

It really shines as a stand alone wood fired oven. I'll load it up with oak and cook pizzas, steaks, direct grill chicken, or hang meat in it like a pbc. It's super versatile Loooove it!

Pizza -
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=3291060

Al Pastor
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=224508

Chicken Thighs
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=215833

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Shagdog; 08-05-2016 at 10:42 PM..
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #7
hachi-roku_fan
is one Smokin' Farker

The al pastor looks soooooo good! Can you explain the shagstone? I'm curious to see your whole cooker now!
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #8
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This is the Shagstone - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=222763

Totally separate from my Shirley smoker, but the griddle top was built by Paul Shirley.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #9
Bigr314
Babbling Farker

I would get the warmer for sure. I do a lot of grilling in the warmer, and it is great to warm splits up in the winter.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 RF with warmer(Boss Hogg)

Tab Benoit- Must listen to this artist. A cross between southern blues,Stevie Ray, and Louisiana cajun. Great listening while having a brew and tending the stick burner.
Bigr314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #10
tcv21
Full Fledged Farker

My FB is not insulated and the warmer sits around 200. I use it almost every cook.
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=Black]

[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]
tcv21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->