• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
You may remember that I just purchased a bulk package of Tri-Tips from Costco. Well today I got to slap one on the grill to celebrate a friend’s birthday. I started out by making up some horseradish cream sauce. Here are the ingredients.

In a bowl

and mixed up.

I put that in the fridge to rest and proceed to prep the TT. First some Worcestershire sauce, then fresh ground garlic sea salt, then fresh ground black pepper, then some steak seasoning and finished it off with some rosemary.

Wrapped it up and put it in the fridge to rest.

I nuke each potato for a a few minutes to give them a head start and then wrapped them in foil with some OO, then fresh ground garlic sea salt, then fresh ground black pepper. About an hour before our guests arrived I light the kamado and set it up for Direct / indirect cooking. I place the potatoes on the top rack and the TT on the bottom rack.

I accidently let the TT’s IT get up to 116 before I took it off and opened up the vents. (I usually try to take it off at 113 IT) After I had grilled the asparagus for a short time I place the TT on my Weber searing grate close to the coals for 3 minutes per side.

I brought it in and let it rest for only 5 minutes because my guests were waiting. (I normally do 10 minutes)

I also brought in the asparagus and the potatoes.

I sliced it in half where the grain changes

and then sliced it up against the grain. Due to the only 5 minute rest it was very juicy.

Fork shot!

Here it is plated up waiting to eat.

Delicious!
[FONT=&quot]
Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Yumm!

Sure beats the heck out of what I had for supper.

Back