MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
gamblerpro1
On the road to being a farker

Default Built rite

Has anyone on here had any experience with this company. I'm thinking about a cabinet smoke from him.

(Built rite cookers or Built rite Smokers)

Admin Note:
http://consumer.ga.gov/news/press-re...aS0JYm2xPyhgfE

Members and Guests and those who have landed here thru an internet search looking up Built rite Smokers.

Please read this thread in its entirety to get background on this company. There is a lot of valuable information to help you make a decision before spending any money.
gamblerpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
gamblerpro1

No one on here has any info on their products
gamblerpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I have not heard of them. I did a Google search and don't find much besides a You Tube video of a trailer model...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2016, 12:38 PM   #4
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

Me too... I looked on their site, but didn't see much.
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
timborees
Got rid of the matchlight.

I have bought three.... Waiting to receive them, but very happy with the process.
timborees is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
stewartr002

Donnie Boston Built Rite Smokers of Jacksonville. Here's his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/Donn...151286?fref=nf . His smokers are getting rave reviews in Florida. Don't have one myself yet but looking at them hard. Hope this helps.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #7
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

This is an active thread in QTalk
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=225403
Never used or seen one but it looks like legit gear.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
copaaz
Found some matches.

any of you buy from this company? any reviews lately?
copaaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
localyocal

Name/Nickname : Brad

I have one of his large reverse cabinets. I picked it up in March. I've been very happy with it. I've cooked with it in some competitions and been very pleased.

I modified the casters that were on it. I had him put the triple casters on it and they were a bad idea. You couldn't air the tire in the middle and it wad super hard to turn. I put on a heavy duty set of solid casters and now it's much easier to move. I think the gaskets could be a little better to be honest. The paint on my door above the firebox got too hot and Smokey and now it's permanently black in places.

I had heard from a lot of people that he wasn't good to deal with and was always way late on delivery. In MY experience that wasn't the case but I have no doubt some of the stories were true so I made an effort to stay in contact throughout the process.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions here or by pm and I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #10
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

Seems there may be some reason to caution....maybe not but I'd rather not see a Brethren order without the info.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/586580...34367360004616

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #11
OlyQ
Full Fledged Farker

I've seen too many people with bad experiences with built rite that I wouldn't send money out for one of his cookers.
*Da-Fridge-Smoker
*BlackStone Pizza Oven
OlyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2018, 09:41 PM   #12
Brian5177
Found some matches.

Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread but figured I'd chime in just the same.
I ordered my smoker, a 36 inch patio smoker back in April 2017 with a delivery date of approximately June 1, 2017. The quality looked great, the materials were heavy steel, and the price seemed amazing. But like all things that seem to be too good to be true, so are Built-Rite Smokers. Here I sit on Jan 4th, 2018 and I still have no smoker. 7 months beyond the expected delivery date with no end in site. In good faith I gave 50% up front for materials. That's money that I now believe I'm just out; lessons learned I suppose. It takes weeks and several repeated messages both on his cell, facebook, and now his landline just to get a response or return message if I'm lucky, and that's only after I use the term 'refund'. His responses are usually just him providing some excuse why it's still not done and promising that it's either 75% complete, will be done in the next week, next two weeks or by the end of the month. It's become a running joke with my wife on what his excuse will be this time, or what new bogus timeframe I'll get. I went back through my old messages with Donnie and found 7 promised and passed deadlines that he himself gave me.

To make a long story short, I would highly recommend that anyone considering a custom built smoker steer clear of Donnie Boston and Built-Rite Smokers. His smokers may be good quality (I wouldn't know since I'm well passed 7 months beyond my expected delivery date and haven't received my smoker yet), but they certainly aren't worth all the trouble and hassle. I've missed nearly an entire year of use at this point. Spend the money, find a reliable builder, and save yourself the trouble.
Brian5177 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2018, 10:43 PM   #13
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Appreciate the update. Glad you let us know he can't be trusted. Hope you eventually get your cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #14
SmittyJonz

That Blows - sounds like Abe's Smokers and R&O........I'd be making a road trip and coming back with something..... a smoker, refund, his tools or criminal charges.....

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 01-04-2018 at 11:27 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #15
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

We need a thread or a sticky of deadbeat builders. Abe's, R&O and now Builtrite.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist