Blackstone 36" Griddle Cooking Station 180.00

Looks like that $179 unit is the old style with the side grease drain that tends to leak down the leg unless modified. The new rear grease drain model is $249 (also at Dicks in the same Slick Deals link from above). 1) it's Dicks and 2) I think I stick with my $79 28" model for a while longer.

A week ago Walmart had the rear drain model on sale for $199, don't know if they still do.

Looks like that $179 unit is the old style with the side grease drain that tends to leak down the leg unless modified. The new rear grease drain model is $249 (also at Dicks in the same Slick Deals link from above). 1) it's Dicks and 2) I think I stick with my $79 28" model for a while longer.

Someone in that thread said that even though they ordered using the link with the front drain pictured, the received the rear drain version. Could've been an error by whoever pulled the order though. I would definitely do whatever I could to get the rear drain model...having owned both now, the rear drain is a huge improvement.

I have a 36 mounted on my cooker trailer and a 17 for home use.I wish I had the 28 instead of the 17 at home.

Dicks has a dual sale that ends today. I did not notice this the other day, but I was looking at my emails today (from where I bought the Lumberjack Pellets a while back). In addition to the 20% off a single item sale listed in the link, they also have another $20 off a $100 or more purchase that will be "paid" as a "Dick's Cash" on your next purchase. Also they have free shipping on over $49 purchase.

Not a fan of Dicks, but if you do shop there, a 36" Blackstone for $179, shipped free with another $20 off on next purchase is not a bad deal at all (especially if they are actually shipping the rear grease drain model at that price). The "deal" would also apply in a store purchase, but if the SKU is for the newer model in the store, that is showing the higher price online (but still 20% off that). So online order may be the wiser way to go unless you absolutely "MUST" have the rear grease drain and are not prepared to deal with the simple modifications on the old style (assuming they actually have any old style left to ship as it's been gone for a while now).

The 20% off a single item and the $20 Dicks Cash promo end today at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (June 16, 2019).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit....

that's weird. The other day when this first posted, I looked at the Dick's link and the old style (side grease drain) showed $179.99 as the price. Today it shows $249.99 same as the new model with either black or stainless face. They are showing small percentage discounts also (less than the 20%), so it looks like if someone pulled the trigger the other day, they could have gotten one for $179.99 - 20% (another $36) - $10 for signing up for email deals, and with free shipping or $133.99 plus your local sales tax. Now that would have been a good deal even on the old grease drain model IMO.

Last edited:
Someone in that thread said that even though they ordered using the link with the front drain pictured, the received the rear drain version. Could've been an error by whoever pulled the order though. I would definitely do whatever I could to get the rear drain model...having owned both now, the rear drain is a huge improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNl9-34nht4

That's a good tip, but it isnt just the drip path that I dont like about that style drain, I dont like the fact that it runs down the entire front of the griddle where
All the little food bits build up in there and you gotta scoot the contents along etc. The rear drain, you just push all that crap to the back of the griddle and thats the end of it

That's a good tip, but it isnt just the drip path that I dont like about that style drain, I dont like the fact that it runs down the entire front of the griddle where
All the little food bits build up in there and you gotta scoot the contents along etc. The rear drain, you just push all that crap to the back of the griddle and thats the end of it

I agree. I picked up the half charcoal half griddle from Walmart this winter on sale. It has the rear grease system. I especially love the aluminum inserts they offer.

Back