Wife asked for something different

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So I went shopping. Yep brisket and smoked turkey will be involved. The poblanos looked like an age app had been applied. Busted the idea of a quinoa MSU stuffed poblano. Next time. Onward through the fog, or is that feedlot dust

Last edited:
I'm always up for something different, looks great.

I'm always up for something different, looks great.

This would be easy to BALi-fy by kicking the oyster sauce for something similar. There was only one tablespoon in the whole dish. Black pepper and Weber Cajun spice and fresh squeezed lime.
A great substitute if you are hungry for stir fried rice.

Looks good!

What is that meal called?

Thanks,
Chris

Loosely based on an online recipe titled

Fried Quinoa Beef Brisket at letscooksomefood.com

Some changes
Rinsed quinoa then quick roasted in pan-no oil
Quinoa cooked in instant pot while slicing dicing chopping
Added zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes
Used 4 cloves smoked garlic
No sugar added

This would be easy to BALi-fy by kicking the oyster sauce for something similar. There was only one tablespoon in the whole dish. Black pepper and Weber Cajun spice and fresh squeezed lime.
A great substitute if you are hungry for stir fried rice.

I don't really have a problem with the occasional sauce that has a little sugar in it. Come to think about it I think I have a bag of the multicolored quinoa.

We will do this again, guessing pretty soon. Similarly different— as always

That looks like it probably tastes good! Makes me want to get some quinoa. We havent cooked any around here in 3 or 4 years at least.

Varsity Blues briefly crossed my mind. Briefly

I had a few thoughts I'll keep to myself....:tape2:

But I do like that Keeenwah! Trying to find ways to use it myself recently.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers!

I'm thinking of trying something like goulash or beans and rice except minus pasta & rice and use quinoa. Maybe half and half black rice quinoa. I don't know for sure. May have to make a scoop in the middle and drag spoon thru goulash gravy or creamy beans and sausage. I'll make something up. May be a one and done.

Back