Anova Nano?

TravelingJ

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Do my "trusted peers" have an opinion on this cooker?

I need a second sous vide machine this weekend, and the Nano seems like I could also throw it in my travel kit. Didn't know if anyone here had tried this model out, but figured I would at least check before I buy one for limited use.

I almost bought one on Prime day, but read some interesting reviews. Smaller capacity than the older models...takes longer for the water to hear.....better for smaller water reservoirs.

Also, bluetooth only, no Wifi.

I passed.

I bought it in the fall for $64. I've only used it a handful of times, but have no issues with it. I don't use the app or anything, just press the buttons on the machine. I am usually only cooking for two people, so I can't comment on its handling of larger capacities of food and water reservoirs. Well worth it for the price.

When I travel, I won't use a very large whatever for the water. My need this weekend is for a large cooler, and I was thinking a second unit would help since my first one (larger Anova unit) strugged with that volume a few weeks back. I'm not particularly concerned about the wifi and stuff, I've never used that on my current one.

I just bought mine recently and did a test cook with it. Started with cold water in a stock pot and it took about 20 min to get to 175. Not bad, if I started with hot water, say 12 I think it would have been ready in 5 to 10 mins. Overall not as powerful but works just fine for a pot roast. I bet if you need to control a larger vessel, just start with hot water and I bet it can keep up, the worst is it trying to heat up cold tap water.

Sounds good, I'll place an order.

My regular Anova has 800 watts, and it took about 4 hours to get our hot water (132*) up to 165*. It was a LARGE cooler. I need to use it to reheat a bunch of already cooked pulled pork, so I'd rather not wait forever again.

Back