Steak marinade?

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What’s y’all’s favorite steak marinade? My daughter wants steaks for her birthday tomorrow and want to try something different than the same old marinade I use.

We used to buy thick filets, we’d use this marinade, ziplock and keep in ice chest and eat the steaks many days into a trout bum trip- anywhere from 3-5 days. Big thick Filets were outstanding

Last edited:
I don't marinade at all. Just salt and pepper, slow smoke at 225°F on the Outlaw, and a quick sear at 600°F on the propane grill. I'd like to learn about marinades too.

We used to buy thick filets, we’d use this marinade, ziplock and keep in ice chest and eat the steaks many days into a trout bum trip- anywhere from 3-5 days. Big thick Filets were outstanding

Sounds yummy but I don’t have 24 hours. Will have to save that one for another day. Just gonna go with old faithful I guess. Dales, Worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder.

If you want something in a pinch get a bottle of Basque Norte. Usually available in supermarkets. Less than an hour to marinate, cook up and serve.

I've been in the season and sear camp for quite a while now. I have friends that will marinade in italian salad dressing. I want to tray that Basque after seeing about it here, but I'm sure you can find some last minute options at a local store.

I would never wet marinade a nice steak. The moisture on the outside

would tend to retard the Maillard effect. Dry rubs for me only,
salt the piece hours before.

We use Allegro for the few times that we marinade. It doesn't seem to have as much soy sauce as Dale's.

This one is pretty tasty: 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 tbs Worstershire (sp lol) 1 tbs honey, 1 tsp dry italian seas, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dry mustard

been looking for one with whiskey or bourbon

Do whatever you like.
But decent steak should not need marinade

Back