The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Post

Texas doesn't have any of those silly mandatory quarantine for 14 day rules do they?

Well, my new job, in Amarillo, start October 1st. I wonder if I can get everything done with the move so I can come.
Even if you don't you'll surely deserve a little time off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well boys and girls we have only 53 days till the Bash.
So please hit the (LINK) on the sign up sheet in my signature line so everyone knows who is gonna be there. It help to know how many are cooking and how many to cook for.
If you have issues with the sign up let us know and one of us can do it for you.
Hope to see you there.
Thanks!! :mrgreen:

I have the unpleasant task to tell you guys that we're not going to come this year. With the virus and all the other political climate bs going on now and especially before the election we decided to stay here. Man it has taken us a while and a lot of talking about it to decide not to come. I cannot putt in words how disappointed I am. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we just don't feel comfortable traveling half way across the country. I hate it more than you know. I've been so jacked up to see you Texas guys again but it is what it is. Man I've always hated that saying. Sorry guys.

Aw! C'mon, Dennis! Ain't nothin' gonna jump off 'til after the election. :grin:

Wow only 46 days left!!
So our plan is to drive down to Kelley and Bruce's place at Buchanan Lake on Thursday evening or Friday morning and help them get loaded up and we will head out early Saturday morning to the Bash. Then head back home on Saturday afternoon or evening.
Shelly and I will be working on a few things over the next few weeks to cook on their Shirley!
The setup will probably the same as last year so dust off the camp chairs!!

Please go ahead and signup on the LINK in my signature line to let everyone know who is going, what you are bringing and or what you are cooking.
Hope to see you at the Bash!! :mrgreen:

Hey SmittyJonz, you gonna be there? :mrgreen:

I am going to request Sunday, Oct. 25 off so I can come out. The flights back to Atlanta are much easier to make on Sunday than having to leave the bash around 3 to get to the airport. I should know very soon if I am a definite yes.

I am going to request Sunday, Oct. 25 off so I can come out. The flights back to Atlanta are much easier to make on Sunday than having to leave the bash around 3 to get to the airport. I should know very soon if I am a definite yes.
That would be awesome!

Leave on Monday or Tuesday. I want to hit some places around Austin I haven't had a chance to try the previous trips.

Leave on Monday or Tuesday. I want to hit some places around Austin I haven't had a chance to try the previous trips.
I'm sure you know some are closed on mondays...

Back