"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

I have no idea. John's (SirPorkalot) gave me a hankerin' for some Lexington, NC-style barbecue... so I may go digging through the freezer to satisfy that need.

Hopefully, some chicken wings or some such on Sunday.

It's good to have you back with us, Marty.

Torn- our weekend is barely gonna scratch 70*F. A practice run of gumbo? Smoke half a pork butt and use the other half for green chili pork? Grilled leg quarters? I'm sure I'll get told what she's in the mood for- and I don't really have a preference.

No easy weekend here.... We are doing a Hawaiian-ish style pig roast. Dug a 6ft x 3ft, 4ft deep hole last night. Put a layer of river stones in the bottom of the hole about a foot high.
Starting a fire in a half hour and burning the crap out of it until 11pm. Will let the fire die down until midnite and throw a crap ton of cabbage leaves into the hole. Next, in goes the 225lb pig (after a dirty marinade, dry and wet) on chicken wire to lift in and out easily. Add some onions and apples to stomach and surrounding the pig and the rest of the cabbage leaves on top. Cover the hole with a sheet of wood and shovel dirt around the edges until no more smoke is visible. The chosen one will stay in the hole until 4:30 or 5pm on saturday and then be pulled and laid next to the pot luck offerings. This is our 5th such pig roast in about 10 years and always turns out great. I am planning on taking some photos as the weekend progresses, but if i know myself i will crack way to many beers and forget :doh:

Hope y'all have a great and safe weekend.

:thumb: Pork and Sauerkraut :clap2:

Never had it any other way, but i am sure it does give some flavor.

I do work in a produce warehouse and could order banana leaves, but we do these pig roast in October for a few friends bdays and cabbage leaves are a dollar a box at the local farmers stand-- it is stuff they would compost anyway...

Very cool Geri! For myself take out pizza tonight...as busy weekend has started. Doing some finish work in the MIL basement. Tomorrow morning pheasant hunt via pheasant forever youth hunt with the boys (or would have been at the gracious host John's). Then back at it. No food plans, just wingin it but, wings do sound really good now. Have a great weekend all.

Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers!

I'm heading to the NEO Bash at SirPorkalot's place today so I'm making a double batch of Wampus beans. Tomorrow I'm smoking another fatty for beans for next weekend and doing a Dr Chicken on a spiral cut ham.

Aveagoodweekend!

Yesterday's pork shoulder...

51595609952_0c053b7f3d_o.jpg

And the Honey-Oatmeal bread...

51597320880_3f982ca47c_o.jpg

Sounds fun Geri.

Travel day today and tomorrow, so nuthin til Sunday and that will be whatever we phind at whatever store.
I hope liquor is cheaper in FL than it was AL!

Almost any other state has better liquor prices than Alabama. Florida certainly does.

Got a prime brisket on the menu. I picked it up late so I'm going to set it up late in the IVS. Catch it in the morning. Rest it through the day. Smoker is all set up right now with lump & oak mini-splits. Going to trim the brisket in a bit & light the smoker up soon after. Aim to get it on by 9 PM or so.

Back