Couple of Pheasants

Awesome. Anytime kids get to hunt/fish it makes me smile. Good on you for making it possible for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome. Anytime kids get to hunt/fish it makes me smile. Good on you for making it possible for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They have been chomping at the bit for this. Too bad I just couldn't swing some skeet time. They could have sure used some practice. They had fun and were pooped at the end of the day

Flour and season cut up meat, brown in frying pan, place in a baking dish and add 1 can of Cream of Chicken and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, bake at 350F For an hour, end result is very tasty and moist pheasant.

We used to season them then wrap them with bacon and smoke/grill them indirect or bake them in the oven.

Season them them then wrap them in butter soaked cheesecloth then smoke/grill them or bake in the oven.

Just like doing a turkey breast.:wink:

Last edited:
Grilled/smoked pheasant seem to dry out no matter what tricks you try, IME... I much prefer boneless wing style. Chunked/tenders, breaded, fried, sauced, blue cheese dip.

I brine them, then sous vide, finish in cast iron with butter just long enough to give them a little color.

Congrats to the boys!

My last trip last season, I got to hunt with an 8 year old on his 1st hunt.
He did great, and I actually enjoyed seeing him get the birds more than getting them myself!

We like to cut thin, wrap around a pepperoncini, and wrap that in bacon. Grill them up as appetizers. Sadly I haven't been pheasant hunting in several years. About the only places to find them around these parts are at pay places shooting pen-raised birds.

Nice Joe!

I like pheasant. Last one I did was slathered in mayo, seasoned and hung in the pit barrel Jr. Came out really good.

I brine them, then sous vide, finish in cast iron with butter just long enough to give them a little color.

Congrats to the boys!

My last trip last season, I got to hunt with an 8 year old on his 1st hunt.
He did great, and I actually enjoyed seeing him get the birds more than getting them myself!

It has been since college for me and yes it was great seeing the boys hunt. The adults just trailed behind the boys and had no guns. That was nice so you could enjoy watching and mentoring them more.

Back