You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-23-2021

Ok. We need to get a hard count. Lots of our regulars can't make it. I've received a few phone calls with concerns. I don't think we have the numbers to make this happen. Let us know now so we can plan accordingly. If we can't make this one happen we'll see everyone in the spring. We've had to cancel a spring bash once so I think everyone will understand.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

***CANCELATION NOTICE***

It looks like we're down to just 6-8 people. I can't even get my local relatives to show up for free bbq. They have had 4 friends die in the last couple months. I know part of it has to do with the uncertainty of securing the bash site. That was something we never dealt with before. We had a couple locals make other plans because of this. Maybe next spring and fall will be better for everyone. Y'all stay safe and healthy, especially you Charles, and we'll see each other real soon.

Didn’t the pavilion have an offset you can use? In Georgia, random ass parks in small podunk towns have open pits just in case you have a whole hog in your trunk.
36af63d7b5acfb6e4672a3b0afe90d11.jpg

Didn’t the pavilion have an offset you can use? In Georgia, random ass parks in small podunk towns have open pits just in case you have a whole hog in your trunk.
36af63d7b5acfb6e4672a3b0afe90d11.jpg
It does. We have better ones though. That pit you posted reminds me of my childhood. At family reunions they would cook hundreds of chicken parts on one of those.

It does. We have better ones though. That pit you posted reminds me of my childhood. At family reunions they would cook hundreds of chicken parts on one of those.

I could kill some one for some Pollo Regio right about now. Have to settle for wings. It’s on every corner here.

Heading out tomorrow for the Saturday get together. Been a long time away for me so, I'm looking forward to it. Basically my first trip since COVID hit.

Sid the Bash is canceled!
Look at the prior posts in this thread.

Bummer! Been stretched a little thin so, haven't been on the forum much recently. Had a land sale canceled last minute on Wednesday too.

I will be in Austin Friday so, I guess a detour to Lockhart might become part of this trip along with some Jalapeno Cheddar Kolaches from the Czechstop on the way home.

Other than Franklin's, any other good BBQ places in Austin to check out?

Valentines for the Win!
Real Deal Holyfield taco!

Hotch beat me to it. Valentina's is killer.

Bummer! Been stretched a little thin so, haven't been on the forum much recently. Had a land sale canceled last minute on Wednesday too.

I will be in Austin Friday so, I guess a detour to Lockhart might become part of this trip along with some Jalapeno Cheddar Kolaches from the Czechstop on the way home.

Other than Franklin's, any other good BBQ places in Austin to check out?

Back