Ribeye Cap @ Costco

Bush438

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello Brethren, I used to be able to find Prime grade Ribeye Cap at Costco. I haven't seen any lately which is disappointing as its one of my favorite cuts of beef and Costco was a reliable place to find it. I asked the employee in the back and he said they don't carry it anymore.

I'm in North Jersey. Anyone else buy ribeye cap from Costco? Are you still seeing it available? Any good alternative places to buy it without breaking the bank?

They've discontinued the ribeye cap for a long time now. Unfortunately you can only get them at specialty butcher shops.

They've discontinued the ribeye cap for a long time now. Unfortunately you can only get them at specialty butcher shops.

What a bummer! One of the best items in their meat department. Thanks for the info.

Every now and then I see them at one of my local Costco’s, but fairly rare.

Maybe around Holidays? I think I saw them around Valentines Day.

Talk to the meat dept manager and see if they will order you 1 case (you will likely need to buy an entire case or box). Being pre-vacuum packed they are freezer ready. Might get lucky....

At the risk of sounding like an a$$, can't you just buy some ribeyes and then cut the cap off? Cook the cap, slice up the rest of the ribeye for steak sandwiches.

Just saying. :wink:

Talk to the meat dept manager and see if they will order you 1 case (you will likely need to buy an entire case or box). Being pre-vacuum packed they are freezer ready. Might get lucky....

I would actually be down to buy the case. Do you know how much comes in a case?

I've bought it at Costco, but not since around Xmas time. I haven't noticed it in a while, but often times those specialty cuts come out around the holidays and then dissapear.

Costco SLO today
b4edb99ff4e1de3364a41ee6a55951c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice!!

I guess it depends on the location?

Costco SLO today
b4edb99ff4e1de3364a41ee6a55951c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting, a sigh of relief to see them. I hope its not a regional thing. I went to 2 Costcos near me and neither had them. I have two more within reach and will go check them out.

Well....did you buy some?

Nope.

They had this pack of HUGE Prime Filets that just called out to us. Great marbling on 2, and the other 2 weren’t bad.

Just gotta figure out what I’m going to do with them. Getting real fond of Sous Vide (with herbs & seasonings), then pan sear with butter basting. Yum.

I love the pin wheels, but I just don’t have them down yet. If I cook them so that the fat is cooked right, the beef is over done.

Back