Franklin Bbq Pits

LSG makes a great quality pit. Not doubting Franklin but I'm not sure I'd want to be one of the first. You could already be cooking for a year on the LSG before the Franklin pits even come out.

LSG! Chris has his operation running like clockwork. Especially if you're going to get it shipping to your door. Doesn't get any easier. It's like ordering from Amazon.

Thank you do you have the upgraded firebox by any chance ? If so are you saving fuel

Im curious to see a finished Franklin. But I would not wait a year for it though. Only reason I think to get one is just for the name. I do like that they look like they will be built like a brick sh*thouse and simple.

Im kinda fond of the square fireboxes.

Get a bigger named pit from the likes of LSGs, Pitmaker, Klose, Gator, etc and you will have no problem selling it quick should you decide you want the Franklin.

Im curious to see a finished Franklin. But I would not wait a year for it though. Only reason I think to get one is just for the name. I do like that they look like they will be built like a brick sh*thouse and simple.

Im kinda fond of the square fireboxes.

Get a bigger named pit from the likes of LSGs, Pitmaker, Klose, Gator, etc and you will have no problem selling it quick should you decide you want the Franklin.
X3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Even though they will become available in 2018, it could be well into 2019 before you could get one since many people are already on the waiting list...including myself. I just took delivery of my LSG last week but I wanted to keep my options open so I got on the waiting list the first day Franklin had the site up. At this point, I don't see placing an order but you never know. I really like the industrial look and hope he decides to leave it looking like it was just pulled out of a field but one feature I'm not sure of, and maybe it won't make it into production, is the laser cut "Franklin" in the door. I like to have total control over how much air goes into the firebox, especially on a windy day where the wind is blowing in the direction of the fire. :flame:

I own an LSGz offset and have owned an ETSC RK-250.... Depending on your exact needs I would steer you toward the LSGz. They really are very different pits and vendors. Just my 1/50th of a buck.

The one thing that could be a possible concern for me on the Franklin pit, will be the actual air draw. He typically leaves the doors open on all of his commercial pits to get the draw he want. Talks about it in the book and on shows I have seen. I am betting that might have been an issue that might have contributed to the fire at the place.

But I like the looks and it will sell, due to Aaron's name being on it. I'm still saving my pennies for a Jambo.

The one thing that could be a possible concern for me on the Franklin pit, will be the actual air draw. He typically leaves the doors open on all of his commercial pits to get the draw he want. Talks about it in the book and on shows I have seen. I am betting that might have been an issue that might have contributed to the fire at the place.

But I like the looks and it will sell, due to Aaron's name being on it. I'm still saving my pennies for a Jambo.

Texas Monthly article says the fire most likely began from an ember from the warmer he uses. The day of the fire there were crazy high winds from Harvey moving through and that was probably how the ember was forced out.

That being said, I wouldn't use the "door open" method myself, simply because of my 3 year old running around.

On local texas news franklin claimed a gust of wind from the tropical storm/hurricane caused a back draft and blew the embers out the firebox. He also claimed nonchalantly it was only a matter of time until they started a fire, considering they burn multiple everyday.

Go LSG.

Also i never fully close my firebox door. It easier to control the fire with more or less wood than air.

To venture a guess (I'm not on his design team, LoL)...I would say his "line" of pits will be designed to use standard air vents.

I'm sure his home-built, commercial pits need all that air. They most likely don't have large enough fire boxes...as big as the pits are it is probably illogical to build a box that big. They have someone there tending the pits at all times...and those folks most likely don't bring their 3 year olds to work.

He also claimed nonchalantly it was only a matter of time until they started a fire, considering they burn multiple everyday.

I would agree with him, and the nonchalant attitude is because it's not uncommon in the least. Every traditional pit in North Carolina knows they could burn up tonight. That's why the pits are almost always built separate from the building...and the smart ones have a back-up pit either built at another location or on a trailer.

In his book it states that he uses a 500 gallon tank cut in half for his 1000 gallon smokers.... he uses the right size fire boxes... he uses the door for air control cause it was cheaper then putting vents on the first pit.. it works so why change it was his thinking

Even though they will become available in 2018, it could be well into 2019 before you could get one since many people are already on the waiting list...including myself. I just took delivery of my LSG last week but I wanted to keep my options open so I got on the waiting list the first day Franklin had the site up. At this point, I don't see placing an order but you never know. I really like the industrial look and hope he decides to leave it looking like it was just pulled out of a field but one feature I'm not sure of, and maybe it won't make it into production, is the laser cut "Franklin" in the door. I like to have total control over how much air goes into the firebox, especially on a windy day where the wind is blowing in the direction of the fire. :flame:

I never saw a "waiting list". I only saw a list to sign up for more information when it becomes available ?

I never saw a "waiting list". I only saw a list to sign up for more information when it becomes available ?

I am sure that is the precursor to an official waiting list. With these being hand made by his buddies in Austin... I doubt they will have hundreds/thousands to send out come 2018. Thus the subscribe list to see who really have interest in the pits.

Hope you are already on the waiting list cause that came out months ago

Back