Taco Tuesday Pics From Sunday (Al Pastor)

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ingredients for the marinade starting Sat night

ZjLBrgVh.jpg

Pork butt

Fkmj1Cvh.jpg

Both from the money muscle end :nod:

ljk5Mjlh.jpg

Sliced

iGuA2uCh.jpg

First step of the tenderizing process :mrgreen:

13m6U4Zh.jpg

Then the next step

YTCfiWjh.jpg

HbX3Lsbh.jpg

sLZ5Bnch.jpg

Overnight into Sunday

H7amsgFh.jpg

And I started on the salsas

fsSuju2h.jpg

Red and green (no pics of the green process)

1pZKMrth.jpg

Fresh tortillas

gSXFzyrh.jpg

Ready to spin on the Jumbo Joe

Oko77Ach.jpg

2nqLuubh.jpg

Cooked, then shaved off onto the CI pan to crisp up the meat

GrM5uH3h.jpg

And finally served :clap2:

ixLcoI9h.jpg

OdmX32Hh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Al Pastor is one of my fav pork preps. You nailed it. I can almost taste those tacos. ALMOST. Now I'll be thinking about them all day. Well done, Sako.

That looks fantastic Sako!

This thread hurts me. I was out of town last night and hungry for some Al Pastor. What they brought out was just shredded pork (certainly not authentic). I was disappointed. May have to make some this weekend.

Looks great, when I tried using a horizontal rotisserie for al pastor tacos I had issues keeping the meat on the spit rod, what's your secret? That one string wrapped around was enough to keep everything in place?

Doesn't get any better than that! Great job Neighbor!

Hell to the YES! The king of tacos, made from scratch. I want some!

You definitely Sakoed that one!

Thanks brother! I've been swamped with work in the last months so I hadn't really "got down" so to speak.:grin:

Thanks brother! I've been swamped with work in the last months so I hadn't really "got down" so to speak.:grin:

Well, you certainly unleashed the beast. Got me wanting some Al Pastor, for sure.

Fantastic! That last picture is off the charts

Good googly moogly! Those are stunning

Wow! Fantastic!

Dayum! You put some effort into those, nice work!

Al Pastor is one of my fav pork preps. You nailed it. I can almost taste those tacos. ALMOST. Now I'll be thinking about them all day. Well done, Sako.

Thanks guys!

Marty,

I always shoot for Al pastor when I eat out because most places skimp on beef and buy cheap cuts so al pastor is the way to go. You aleays know what you get with Al pastor as opposed to gambling with beef dishes.

That looks fantastic Sako!

This thread hurts me. I was out of town last night and hungry for some Al Pastor. What they brought out was just shredded pork (certainly not authentic). I was disappointed. May have to make some this weekend.

Thanks Nic! Yup! Some places will serve you shredded pork and call it pastor.

Looks great, when I tried using a horizontal rotisserie for al pastor tacos I had issues keeping the meat on the spit rod, what's your secret? That one string wrapped around was enough to keep everything in place?

Thanks!

I used twine but more than one that's visible. During cooking meat shrank as it does and some fell but I had the foil at the bottom catch it all. This was my first time using horizontal roti as usually I use the turkey hanger below. I just wanted to spin :mrgreen:

I had planned on sticking it with bamboo skewers again likenin the pick but was out of them.

AMqGeZlh.jpg

Back