Brisket jelly - uses?

CentralOhioBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I always save brisket jus from when I wrap during the cook. I just used it to make a batch of brisket onion soup, and after the boil down of the brisket juice I ended up with a large amount of jelly amid fat I had to skim off the top after it chilled.

Anything interesting you guys use this heavily brisket flavored fat and jelly for?

I discard the fat, add a little BBQ sauce and dredge the slices in it prior to serving. If I'm serving it in a pan, I'll put pour whatever juices I have left over the slices.

I discard the fat, add a little BBQ sauce and dredge the slices in it prior to serving. If I'm serving it in a pan, I'll put pour whatever juices I have left over the slices.

Yes, and after you eat the slices you're left with the juices. That is liquid gold.

My question is, what do people use the leftover juice for. I know it makes unbelievably good onion soup.

Use it as a gravy base, among other things. I'll also use saved up juices as part of a braising liquid for vegetables.

Mix brisket jelly with cream cheese and shredded smoked Gouda -Tillamook or both. Then mix in chopped brisket point- then use that for your ABT Stuffing. THEN any leftover ABT’s into the food processor to make a dip for chips or spread for crackers.

I’ve also mixed with coconut oil for scrambled eggs.

You really are only limited by your imagination.

Remember the tuna casserole that takes a large bag of Lays potato chips. Brisket jelly helps casseroles too.

Mix brisket jelly with cream cheese and shredded smoked Gouda -Tillamook or both. Then mix in chopped brisket point- then use that for your ABT Stuffing. THEN any leftover ABT’s into the food processor to make a dip for chips or spread for crackers.

I’ve also mixed with coconut oil for scrambled eggs.

You really are only limited by your imagination.

Remember the tuna casserole that takes a large bag of Lays potato chips. Brisket jelly helps casseroles too.

Love it! :clap:

Mix brisket jelly with cream cheese and shredded smoked Gouda -Tillamook or both. Then mix in chopped brisket point- then use that for your ABT Stuffing.

Oh, yeah!

Going to do this on my next round of ABTs....if I can find where I stashed my saved jelly. :-o

I have brisket ready for this.

Last edited:
I Vacume seal leftover brisket with some of the jelly in it. When I reheat it in the Vacume bag in simmering water it keeps the brisket moist and tasty.

Gravy and noodles are the only thing I do. You have me thinking about other options now...:thumb:

Back