72 Hours in Kansas City

S

Shirtless Mike

I'm going to be making my first trek out to KC next Monday and I'm looking to jam as much BBQ into my week as is physically possible. I'll be going to Arthur Bryants, because I feel like I have to, and I'll be going to Oklahoma Joes, because a buddy insists it is the best BBQ in KC (I've heard conflicting reports).

I'm looking to supplement these two stops with some good hole-in-the-wall BBQ joints. I'm prepared to eat 'que for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so the more suggestions, the merrier. I'm from the east coast and I've done most of my serious BBQ-eating in the Southeastern VA/Eastern NC region, so this is going to be an eye-opener for me.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/

This has been the best place i've ever eaten at. I'm from Chicago so there is nothing to choose from out here. but when i was in KC i went there and it was awesome. I believe its a bit on the expensive side though.

Rosedale's ..... 'nuff said :becky:

Here is a little list.

Smokin Guns, BB's Lawnside, LC's BBQ, Gates BBQ, Smokehouse BBQ, Wyandotte BBQ, Rosedale BBQ, Quick's Seventh St BBQ, RJ's Bob Be Que Shack, Johnny's Hickory House, Ricky's Bar-B-Q

I'm also a big fan of Okie Joe's...I prefer the 47th & Mission location myself, but that's just me. Also you could try Danny Edwards. I haven't been there since they moved from the 12th & Grand location to SW Blvd.

Here is a little list.

Smokin Guns, BB's Lawnside, LC's BBQ, Gates BBQ, Smokehouse BBQ, Wyandotte BBQ, Rosedale BBQ, Quick's Seventh St BBQ, RJ's Bob Be Que Shack, Johnny's Hickory House, Ricky's Bar-B-Q

Great list. My suggestion is to do places like LC's for lunch as it's not in a very good area and then do places like BB's Lawnside for dinner. Great blues, ok BBQ. Check their website for bands and times.

Skip Arthur Bryant's. It was my first stop when I went to the Royal. Severely disappointing. It ain't BBQ but make a trek to the original Stroud's for the Pan-fried chicken. Worth the trip.

Back