Butcher Paper Tip

I usually use the edge of a countertop to tear off the portion I need, but this seems way neater. Great tip, Joe!

I just tear by hand; so this will be a vast improvement. Great tip!

Never thought about it. Just tear and go. Simple and effective. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Amazon sells those as "bag cutters" and I wouldn’t be without one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015X6CJX6

My main use is (gasp!) cutting vacuum bags, but it works pretty well for opening padded mailing envelopes, cutting clear film, etc. Really a very cost-effective tool. It doesn't get very dirty but if it encounters some liquid I'll rinse it or give it a ride in the dishwasher. The hole in the end slips nicely over one of the divider wires and keeps the thing in place.

Edit: I just realized that Amazon is asking six bucks apiece for these/pkg of two. I'm sure that's twice what I paid. camelcamelcamel.com shows a lot of price gyrations. If you're a cheapskate like me you may want to wait until the price comes back down.

Last edited:
My old bank used to hand those out like candy. I bet I've got a few somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

After years of tearing/cutting BP I was gifted a BP roll holder with a cutting edge on it. Makes things simpler and is a breeze to use, move and get the same length of paper each time. $ well spent, even if it wasn’t my $!

But great advice, thanks!

Those little guys work great. I have a BP holder as well that someone previously mentioned with a cutter on it. Works out real well.

Amazon sells those as "bag cutters" and I wouldn’t be without one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015X6CJX6

My main use is (gasp!) cutting vacuum bags, but it works pretty well for opening padded mailing envelopes, cutting clear film, etc. Really a very cost-effective tool. It doesn't get very dirty but if it encounters some liquid I'll rinse it or give it a ride in the dishwasher. The hole in the end slips nicely over one of the divider wires and keeps the thing in place.

Edit: I just realized that Amazon is asking six bucks apiece for these/pkg of two. I'm sure that's twice what I paid. camelcamelcamel.com shows a lot of price gyrations. If you're a cheapskate like me you may want to wait until the price comes back down.

Ya I was going to say that's $$$. I too am a cheapskate and have only gotten as a freebie :thumb:

doesnt anybody carry a pocket knife anymore?
sheesh, 2 pages about "how to cut paper" hahahaha

The company I work for declared that all pocket knives were weapons and banned them last year at work. I had carried a knife for 44 years- maybe toting a knife is not a thing for the younger generations?

The company I work for declared that all pocket knives were weapons and banned them last year at work. I had carried a knife for 44 years- maybe toting a knife is not a thing for the younger generations?

WOW, that's crazy. I too carry a pocket knife religiously Kershaw K1700. I liked it so much I have about a half dozen or so when they were decently priced.

The pocket knife however isn't nearly as quick and clean :wink:

Back