Big poppa smokers drum slide vent

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone use the big poppa smokers drum slide vent on their uds? I am curious to know if you need 2 of them to get to a cooking temperature of 275. Thanks

I have a BPS drum I built probably 7 years ago. I have never been super happy with the slide vent. I feel like as you close that vent down (not completely shut) you aren't really fully stoping each hole from drawing air.

It works ok but I think there is probably a better solution.

I haven't used it in a long time but if I'm running 275 I probably have less than one hole open on each vent.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have a BPS drum I built probably 7 years ago. I have never been super happy with the slide vent. I feel like as you close that vent down (not completely shut) you aren't really fully stoping each hole from drawing air.

It works ok but I think there is probably a better solution.

I haven't used it in a long time but if I'm running 275 I probably have less than one hole open on each vent.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

How many holes are on each side?

How many holes are on each side?
There are 3 holes under each slide. I sold my BPS drum but I can honestly say it ran great. I never had any issues with the slide vents. Most times on long cooks I ended up having one slide completely closed and the other about 1/4" open. Once dialed in the drum held steady for hours.

Thanks for the responses. I am not using the whole kit, I am just using the slide vent on a couple of drums that I am building for some friends. I was hoping to be able to get up to 275 with just one vent. Thanks.

Back