ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My usual stuffed mushrooms first made an appearance as we worked on the rest of the meal.

The lobsters have to swim a long way to get to Eastern New Mexico, so I picked up a couple of tails from some that were living in the Bahamas.

A big ribeye with a 50/50 blend of Carne Crosta and Santa Maria hit the grill.

Nobody left the table hungry.

ZLZd3Zll.jpg

uLKWziWl.jpg

e8qaVZjl.jpg

LRQUC8Pl.jpg

Y'all have a great Saturday! I need more coffee, and a big bowl of menudo.

Famtastic! What's in these popular mushrooms you speak of? :mrgreen:

It's very fancy... :roll:

- I wash / stem the 'shrooms, slap a small knob of butter in each one, and bake them on about 350 for 5-7 minutes, or until they're darker and a little pliable.

- Meanwhile, I combine Duke's mayo, granulated garlic, onion powder, and parmesan cheese. Usually about 3 Tbsp of mayo works well for about 12 baby bellas or white mushrooms (I have no idea of the measurements, and I usually end up making too much filling).

- Fill the 'shrooms and fire up the broiler

- Broil for about 3-5 minutes, until everything is bubbly and there's a nice crust formed over each of the mushrooms. Sometimes I even let a little char develop if I'm feeling frisky.

This is just the beginning and a basis for experimentation. Mom used to add some Durkee's sauce to the stuffing back when we lived in NC. I've tried it with different seasonings and BBQ rubs with good effect, but I keep coming back to the basics.

Have fun!

Back