Ok Joe bronco smoker

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Saw them today at Walmart for 109.00 pretty good dealing

that's a stupid low price - I paid $150 a month ago and thought I was the man - I won't get into a compare to the Barrels (Pit and House) I just know that the thing actually works. $109? dang it! That's giving it away. Someone go ahead and pay $100 for this thing and tell us how it ain't worth a dime - I don't work for Oklahoma Joe - I'm from the US, and I realize this is not an actual US product but those China BBQ plants can turn out some low cost stuff for sure- good luck!!!!

I own the regular one and its great, honestly worth it at full price. With the price of the pro model I feel they missed their mark. Should have priced it the same or lower than the wsm 22 but I guess in a year it'll be priced lower than half.

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting all summer. Nothing left near me. Lowest nearby was 180+$. I was bound and determined to buy under 150. I’ve no idea why that amount stuck in my brain

Brisckseek Fever. It’s real

Just checked my local Wally World online... Only 2 left at $125... Hmmmm. My wife's going to kill me... :doh:

My wife wasn't happy that the gauge I put on it cost 1/3 of the rig - but I also thought with the money I saved it was cool to add a second grate ( a need to have), another shelf (need to have), a cover (to me always a need to have) and the updated air intake tube (nice to have) that OKJ sent over for $0. So if you get one of these things sub $100 - if you max it out, maybe you are $till ahead? - Anyway back to wife, you have to walk 'em through your collection explaining the intricate details - "this is an offset, it makes that awesome brisket you love - takes lots of skill and loss of sleep --- this is a bullet /water smoker - it's portable and smaller but also takes skill and sometimes loss of sleep, and makes that awesome smoked turkey you love --- this is an ugly drum smoker, except this ones kinda pretty, its heavy but portable, takes some skill and no loss of sleep and this makes the ribs you love so much" --- you have to separate their capabilities , never tell them that each one can actually do all of the same things!! - enjoy and good luck, oh, and have fun!
picture.php

i snagged the last one locally for 150.. I like it so well I will likely sell my 1 year old Highland.
No comparison in temperature control for me. Results from the offset is great, babysitting it however I don’t miss.

Dang, sold out here at all my locals and they never got lower than $184.

For those who have experience with both, how does the Bronco compare with a WSM (probably 18")?

I have some experience with grilling and short smokes on the Weber kettle, but this would be my first dedicated smoker.

Walmart in KY don't seem to carry crap when it comes to BBQ.

Picked one up Friday afternoon at our local Wally World for $125... Got it seasoned on Saturday. I was actually pretty impressed with holding temp. I was able to hold 275 degrees for 6 hours with only half of a charcoal basket... Looking forward to first cook on it to see how well it does. I'll post pics when I do...

Back