Just a little briskie

chicagokp

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Cooked up brisket today. My FIL was visiting so the second one is for him to take home.

CC57908E-4E1E-4079-A4FD-7F96DB735AF7_zpsbp6gn34g.jpg

Seasoned with Salt Lick and Peppered Cow....resting here.

0716B380-AD06-4152-8331-D73C8EAFF774_zpsjolx2fva.jpg

Slicing...

811CABAE-7B81-4FDA-B739-6400A29BB378_zpslmx9takj.jpg

02BB2AA3-A562-43F0-B7A9-373976F66050_zpsgfsfx24k.jpg

Fancy china plates....served up with beans and corn.

07CAD57A-4D29-4D26-A8D5-0F1E2794DF48_zpsrixzsfyb.jpg

It was too much for Ozzie....he couldn't stand it....please, please drop something....

981BDE29-F031-43D3-8DBB-1CFCAEE8A16E_zpscjsnakaw.jpg

You know...I was thinking about how I get annoyed at how someone makes a post with pics and everyone is like "where's my plate?" "I'll take two!!" "Ship some to me!!" When the food just looks like burnt leather and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Not that I'm a snob, or what not. I just like straight up honesty.....

And in this case....damn that food truly looks good. Great ring on the brisky, really rendered the fat in the point well, the carmelization on those beans....just straight yum!

Believe me....I'm that guy that would tell ya if it sucked, lol

If I was there, I probably woulda been sitting next to Ozzie, beggin'! Dang that looks good! :thumb:

Looks good but the point would have been better if you had turned it 90 deg before you sliced it

I don't usually do that when I'm cutting the flat and point together. I'd rather have the flat against the grain and the point with as it's generally more tender and has more fat. Just how I roll.

All said it done, turned out pretty nice for a select brisket. I bought the last 2 in the store.

With a little practice, there is an angle that you end up with a diagonal cross grain cut of the point and the flat. I still don't get it right every time these days. But, back when I cut 8-10 points a day, I could win that cut every time

With a little practice, there is an angle that you end up with a diagonal cross grain cut of the point and the flat. I still don't get it right every time these days. But, back when I cut 8-10 points a day, I could win that cut every time

Good to know.

Im gonna have to try that.

thanks

Before I rub mine I cut off a small corner to show me which way to cut it. It's worked like a charm every time, if I remember RonL posted it some time back

And that does look amazingly good :hungry:

lol Ozzie is a cutie. That's a beautiful brisket KP, outstanding!

Back