Let's talk about FAT. And vote on it.

Do you like it fatty...or not so much?

• I trim the hard fat and let the rest ride. It's delicious!

Votes: 75 65.2%
  • I trim as much as I can. I eat meat not fat!

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Depends who I'm cooking for if I trim heavy or not, but I prefer it fatty.

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Depends on who I'm cooking for if I trim or not, but I prefer it well trimmed and not very fatty.

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
I remove any discolored fat on any cut of meat. For Brisket, I prefer to leave the 1/4" or so of fat on the flat, remove some of the ugly wedge of fat between the flat and point. My second favorite cut of brisket is flat with that layer of fat.

For pork butts, I remove almost all of the surface fat. I don't go nuts, but, they are so fatty, why leave any that I can easily remove.

Chris, I am diabetic with no gall bladder, Cindy has a heart condition and no gall bladder. Do I really need to say anymore? Seriously, I will leave some fat on sliced meats to the plate and folks can trim as they like. On pulled meats, I take off the hard stuff and any large areas of fat. After it's done I take out ANY fat while I'm pulling to keep the meat more lean. BTW, any showing of fat in a SCBA box will get a DQ.

When is the date? I have forgotten. Also, where did you decide to go?

Joe

I understand that completely bud! When I had my gall bladder removed years ago it was a VERY eye opening experience after it was done. Combined with my IBS I have learned to position myself close to the bathroom of any place I eat and have general knowledge of the whereabouts of the good bathrooms in most towns I visit. LOL!:doh:

The date is October 3rd. And we have decided to go to Spain. It won't be till next year sometime as we save to be able to go.:thumb:

I trim out the hard stuff and enough between the point & flat to even out the thickness for more even cooking.

Trim the hard stuff away on brisket and butts to get my bark and flavors. But I never miss the opportunity to have a season smoked fat coated streak of lean trimming for a snack mid way through the cook!

I gave up sex, for fatty foods. Now, I can't even get in my own pants.:doh:

(Yeah, Ok. I'm just kidding........about giving up sex.) :becky:

Back