Reassurance on Chicken in the Refrig

rogwadd

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've done my googling and even found some thoughts here on the site. I bought some Chicken quarters (still frozen) from the case on Tuesday taking advantage of the sale. I was planning on cooking them Saturday, but looks like we're in store for 1"-2" of rain. So, looks like Sunday.

Assuming that they weren't thawed until Wednesday, that gives me 4 days thawed in the fridge before cooking. The sell by date on the package is Apr 21.

I'm guessing I'm good. Obviously smell and/or slimeiness would change things. Would a brine started Sat afternoon assist me? What say you?

Roger

I've taken "iffy" chicken & washed & dried it and it turned out okay... Depending upon how many u got, frankly they may not be thawed yet. (I have 20 lbs in the freezer that will take a week to thaw in the fridge.)

I honestly don't believe that they will be "iffy". The chicken was a family value pack. 6 quarters, about 7 pounds. Don't think is was thawed until late Wed afternoon.

I've taken "iffy" chicken & washed & dried it and it turned out okay... Depending upon how many u got, frankly they may not be thawed yet. (I have 20 lbs in the freezer that will take a week to thaw in the fridge.)

Back