Spicy wing recipe

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello

Anyone got a hot wing recipe that’s got serious kick and good flavor they are willing to share?

I’m struggling to find a recipe that has punch and flavor. Most recipes are based on Franks which to me is super mild and offers more tang than heat but does have decent flavor.

They don’t need to be buffalo style.

Thanks
Sam

I use Habanero Death Dust as a base layer for heat and then add something else on top of it. Oakridge still has Crucible in stock the last time I looked too.

I use Habanero Death Dust as a base layer for heat and then add something else on top of it. Oakridge still has Crucible in stock the last time I looked too.

I've done that... maybe I didn't add enough but it wasn't enough punch like when I add pure habanero powder. The bigger problem I find however isn't the heat so much as the imbalance when I just do HDD and then anything. I think it needs a bit more planning.

It's a completely different direction...

... I've found that Thai curry wings have all sorts of great flavor, but the heat is very adjustable by means of crushed/ground bird's eye chillies. The chilies don't add any appreciable flavor in and of themselves, but they offer tremendous heat. I'm a chili nut, and really like spicy food... but I only add about 1-1.5 tsp of the stuff to my wings sauce...

If you're going for a true "Thai Hot" (vs. American Hot) experience, I'd start with 2-3 tsp, and go from there.

Hope that's helpful and gives you another idea/avenue to explore.

My thinking is cook the wings with only the lite seasonings that taste good without sauce,then work on perfecting the sauces to get your heat. found some Tabasco sweet & spicy I want to try on some wings.

Hello

Anyone got a hot wing recipe that’s got serious kick and good flavor they are willing to share?

I’m struggling to find a recipe that has punch and flavor. Most recipes are based on Franks which to me is super mild and offers more tang than heat but does have decent flavor.

They don’t need to be buffalo style.

Thanks
Sam

I mix Frank's with Da Bomb Atomic Hot Sauce. Once the wings come out of the fryer or grill, I sprinkle them with HDD while hot, give them a minute to let the HDD bond, then toss them in the sauce. Adjust the amount of Atomic to your liking. (1,500,000 Scoville units) The HDD adds a little balance with flavor.

1500__68381.1516006914.500.750.jpg

Back