Today’s the day - New Smoker Delivery

BigThicket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Brian from Boathouse Smokers dropped it off while I was at work today. I have it oiled up and seasoning right now.

Initial impressions are good. The doors are nice tight. Everything is solid. I can’t wait to start smoking on it.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

So this looks more like a stickburner than an insulated cabinet. Can you talk a bit about the design and how it's setup?

So this looks more like a stickburner than an insulated cabinet. Can you talk a bit about the design and how it's setup?

That’s correct. It’s not insulated. It’s made to work as a stickburner or with charcoal. It has a water pan built into a slide out rack. It has a deflection lip that extends over the water pan to keep grease out of the flames and prevent flare ups. Every thing in it (racks, water pan, wood basket) can slide out for cleaning and/or moving things around.

My only minor concern is that I’m not sure how easy it’s going to be to dump the water (as it doesn’t have a drain valve). I don’t think it will be a problem because I don’t normally cook with water anyway. I’ll probably just line the water pan with foil, but still I’d rather have a drain valve, just in case.

Overall it’s a very solid build. The communication and ordering process couldn’t have been any better.

You win the "prettiest smoker of the day" award, she certainly is nice. Congrats, and no, she isn't too young to start smoking.

Drill driven rotary pump

There's one solution

My only minor concern is that I’m not sure how easy it’s going to be to dump the water (as it doesn’t have a drain valve). I don’t think it will be a problem because I don’t normally cook with water anyway. I’ll probably just line the water pan with foil, but still I’d rather have a drain valve, just in case.

Back