• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Feedback Here

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have you tried Naturiffic Gourmet Salts and want to give us some feedback?
This is the place to do it.

Do you have a great idea for a Gourmet Salt blend?
This is the place for that too!

Hi all!

our Naturiffic Gourmet Salts products have been purchased by a few folks. Let's hear some feedback.

Which kind did you get?
What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?
Anything else you would like to see us offer?

Any and all feedback is helpful, thanks in advance!

I bought a pack of the Harvest brine to try out a few weeks ago, and hadn't had a chance to use it until last weekend. I did a quick dry brine of some chicken breasts (I didn't leave them brining long enough), but I gave it a shot anyway. Through the breasts on the grill with no other seasoning, and promptly over cooked the crap out of them. I was using them in a gumbo I was making so I wasn't overly concerned, but as I cubed up the breasts, juice was pouring out and the meat was still very tender. I had to sneak a few tasters and even though the breasts were up around 190 IT, they were still juicy and delicious. I am SUPER pleased with the harvest brine!

Glad you put this up - I have been enjoying your salts & harvest brine - been pretty busy & will put up some stuff soon - but yeah, great stuff that I am and will be using on a regular basis!

I bought a pack of the Harvest brine to try out a few weeks ago, and hadn't had a chance to use it until last weekend. I did a quick dry brine of some chicken breasts (I didn't leave them brining long enough), but I gave it a shot anyway. Through the breasts on the grill with no other seasoning, and promptly over cooked the crap out of them. I was using them in a gumbo I was making so I wasn't overly concerned, but as I cubed up the breasts, juice was pouring out and the meat was still very tender. I had to sneak a few tasters and even though the breasts were up around 190 IT, they were still juicy and delicious. I am SUPER pleased with the harvest brine!

Hey, Chad, which flavors are you using? Thinking I need to try some of this...

Glad to hear those breasts turned out alright!

I agree, the ability to open a bigger window to success is one of the main reasons I brine. being able to slightly overcook poultry or pork without it drying out gives each cook a little more chance of being successful.

Works great on a pork loin as well.

Thank you for the feedback!

Glad you put this up - I have been enjoying your salts & harvest brine - been pretty busy & will put up some stuff soon - but yeah, great stuff that I am and will be using on a regular basis!

Thanks Greg!

I want to give a special Thank You to Brethren John from Naturiffic Gourmet Salts.

enhance

On occasion I am requested by the Culinary Arts Teachers at our local high school, to come in as a guest, and to teach the classes on specific topics that they feel I have a strong background in. During the school year I give many classes on curing meats; Bacon, hams, corned beef, sausage, canadian bacon, as well as cold and hot smoking. I do this completely as a volunteer, I work with my own products (which I donate), and I use my own tools because I am fully comfortable with them. They simply order the meat I pick from the restaurant supplier. Also with this, several times a year I am asked to cook for special occasions when they showcase the culinary arts program to potential new students and staff.

I was recently contacted and asked to give a lesson on salt to six different classes; explaining the different types salts (including specialty salts) and how to utilize them properly in cooking. I figured salt could be a boring topic so I wanted to transition the lesson from salt and move into brining and brining techniques. Brining uses salt and it really goes hand in hand with using salt as a flavor enhancer. Brining will also set the stage and cover the basics that I will present in future classes on how to cure meats. This is sort of a preparation class and then reinforcement in teaching in many future classes.

As I laid out my lesson plan, I bought a variety of specialty salts to give to the classes; Sel gris, Fleur de Sel, Malden salt flakes, Murray River salt, Hawaiian red alae salt, and several artisan salts, gourmet flavored salts, and some finishing salts. I also made two types of smoked salt for them to try. This wide variety of salts would give them a lot to experiment with in future cooking.

As I was working on my lesson plan, I received a message from John at Naturiffic Gourmet Salts asking if I would like to try a sample of his product. I took him up on his offer and I planned on using the sample in one or two of the classes. My package arrived (pictured) and John had supplied me with a large bag of Naturiffic Gourmet Salts Harvest Brine. I tried the sample so I knew what I should expect from it before using it in the classroom. I really like the outcome of the product and there is plenty of product to use for each of the six classes.

John, Thank You for your kindness in helping to further the education of what could be tomorrows pioneers and leaders in the culinary field.

The Result....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3910964#post3910964

Last edited:
hhttps://www.facebook.com/515544208522093/photos/a.603236456419534.1073741827.515544208522093/1590565767686593/?type=3&theater

Back