Review and 1st Cook on M1 Grill M16 with competition cart

Mlhunter

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I received my M1 Grill M16 with competition cart.

Spending that much money on grill wasn't an easy for me. I have no problem dropping big money on a quality smoker. I guess I think of grills as cheaper less well made product. For 16 years I've been buying gas grills that last a few years.

My kids are keeping us busy so most nights longer cooks on the smoker aren't doable. I kind of decided I needed to start grilling more. I thought I'd drop the money and buy a PK grill. Once I start researching I found out about M Grills and really liked what I was seeing. I love the fact they are made in American.

The quality is unbelievable and everything is so well thought out. My buddy owns a third generation fabrication shop he was blown away with quality. I have used quality smokers from Myron Mixon, Lone Star Grillz, Yoder, and Cookshack honestly M Grills are just as well build if not better.

I consider my skill level with charcoal grilling to be somewhere between clueless to very bad. My father never used I only used charcoal for my smokers or the few times I ruined food on my Weber.

I watched the video Travis posted on his website and for my first cook I turned out te best steak I've never cooked.

Thanks Travis and M Grills....now I want a big model.

Does it come with the Grill Grates? Looks well built and Congratulations!

Congratulations on the grill and the steak looks awesome!

Very nice, that steak looks mouth watering

Congrats!! Looks like you and Mr. M16 will get along just fine. Killer first cook :)

Congrats on the new grill. Steak looks great!

The M16 is very well built, I'd like to own one. From the design and construction point of view, I really, really like the C4 in stainless. I have a small BGE which fills that gap, and a Smokey Joe for a portable tailgate or camping grill. But the C4 just looks cool.

The M16 is very well built, I'd like to own one. From the design and construction point of view, I really, really like the C4 in stainless. I have a small BGE which fills that gap, and a Smokey Joe for a portable tailgate or camping grill. But the C4 just looks cool.

Would that tailgating be for the Pokes?

Congrats on the new grill! It appears you got the hang of it pretty quick. Steaks look killer!

Nice! I like the M16 and if I could justify a midsized grill would already have one.

As it is I ended up with the C4 and love it for weekday cooks for just the wife and I - I did learn it can get really hot with lump so uses even less charcoal than I had initially thought.

Nice! I like the M16 and if I could justify a midsized grill would already have one.

As it is I ended up with the C4 and love it for weekday cooks for just the wife and I - I did learn it can get really hot with lump so uses even less charcoal than I had initially thought.

I finally used the insert the other night and used 15 lit coals and it worked great with the grill grates. I used to use a small weber chimney full so the insert does seem to work as advertised.

Back