THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

ColretBBQer

Knows what a fatty is.
I never noticed this cut in the commisary before but wanted to give it a go. We used a simple rub of chili powder, kosher salt, garlic salt, and black pepper. They turned out pretty tasty. The wife liked them so it must be good.:-D

Attachments

• barbeque-beef-ribs.jpg
    barbeque-beef-ribs.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 102
I never noticed this cut in the commisary before but wanted to give it a go. We used a simple rub of chili powder, kosher salt, garlic salt, and black pepper. They turned out pretty tasty. The wife liked them so it must be good.:-D

That's the main thing!

Beef ribs are good eatin and those look beautiful

Looks like they might be Argentinean Ribs.

captured.jpg

Looking good! Those are similar to Korean style short ribs. I like to marinade them in some sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, cook fast and hot.

Those are what you call a flanken style short rib. Its a short cut across in 1/2 - 3/4 inch strips. Alot of Koreans like them.

Mike

good stuff for sure. i wish i could find that cut here.

Just ask your butcher if they have bone in short ribs. If so, ask to see if they can cut them like a posted above. At the market I run, we sell tons of them!

Mike

Those flanken ribs are great. I just do them with salt and pepper, on high heat on the grill, about 3 to 4 minutes,then turn them and then add chimicurri sauce on top.

Back