Got bones & birds on the silverbac today!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I sure got a late start.. I had my day planned out completely last night.. then I changed everything this morning.. Turned out I should of followed my original plans LOL... oh well!

So My order of oakridge rubs came yesterday. Gonna use them today! I'm making this thread now so I don't get my ribs mixed up.

I hope I'm right.. From the back to the Front... These are Baby Backs BTW Secret Weapon, Beef & Pork Comp, Dominator rub! (I think I might of forgot already) A whole chicken cut in half going on later with home made Mac&cheese

B8Ah24Tl.jpg

Last edited:
Alright.. Well The chickens was mostly for the missus as normally she doesn't like ribs or pork products.. She surprised me by "I'm eating the secret weapon ribs first!!!" Since I'm behind I'm gonna focus on the Ribs and Mac & cheese.. Threw the birds on this evening by them selves at 325+ To eat on the next couple days.

These are looking AMAZING!! and I have a storm blowing in haha!

pIm84p1l.jpg

I knew they were all dusted with Oakridge rubs from the first glance.

All great rubs.

Dominator is always in my pantry. Best. Damn. Rib/Pork. Rub. Ever.

Looking amazing!

Alright.. Well first of all.. One chicken has a sell by date of tomorrow... The other the 8th! I'm gonna chance it and cook them early tomorrow.. Surely the one with the sell by date of tomorrow still will be fine! Just got tired.. and my original plan would of let the chicken happen today!

Anyways Back to the ribs.. Holy Moly I love the color of the dominator ribs.. I'm not saucing these as I want to taste the ribs as it is.

Dominator
zdtJEgIl.jpg

Beef & pork comp
CkuSfpml.jpg

Secret Weapon
N25vXN0l.jpg

Oh Yeah.. Cant forget the side dish!! Home made 4 cheese Macaroni!

O1i0xeUl.jpg

Well the verdict is in... The secret weapon ribs do not exist anymore! After we ate.. I couple ribs off of the dominator... Once babybacks get cool you can tell how lean they are.. I'm going to reserve judgement on those when I reheat them. But I like the flavor of the dominator rub I think I could of got away with using ALOT more of it on the ribs.

I usually dust a base layer of salt or another rub then a second but a generous coat of Oakridge rubs. Mike sells you rubs not salt. Why I love Oakridge also the fact that you have the finest ingredients in his rubs.

Looking amazing btw!

I usually dust a base layer of salt or another rub then a second but a generous coat of Oakridge rubs. Mike sells you rubs not salt. Why I love Oakridge also the fact that you have the finest ingredients in his rubs.

Looking amazing btw!

One reason why I like oakridge products. I feed people that can't have alot of salt intake. So it works best that way!

Back