Grilla for newbie

Really good info so far. Thank you very much for taking the time to share it. Here's where I'm at. Ordered the PK 360 this evening. It occurred to me to start with this for two reasons. Gets me in business by July 4th weekend and seems to be the 1st logical step. The pellet grill is next up. Komodo style 3rd, depending on how the 1st two go.

Now to see what type of briquette charcoal is recommended (if any) and to figure out where/how to get lump charcoal. At this time I am planning to go lump but I do want to know what I can use in a pinch. Would be nice if Lowe's carried lump charcoal.

Now to start researching temperature probes also.

Still eager to hear input, ideas and advice.

Nice choice. I've used several different brands of briquettes in my PK360 and they have all worked well. I have mostly used Kingsford but am now using Weber since I bought a bunch on clearance last year and am out of my stash of Kingsford. The Weber ones work well but produce a lot of ash. I have also used lump occasionally and usually use Royal Oak from Walmart.

If you have Facebook, there is a great group of PK owners there. It's called PK grill fanatics. Lots of good info on charcoal, cooking, setting up the grill for long cooks, etc.

Just joined the FB group. Wow, lots of info. Thanks for the heads up.

Lowe's had Kingsford and Cowboy lump. Got some of each. Also picked up some other odds and ends.

Back