Advice on buffalo brisket

kcbbqfiend

Reaction score
Howdy ya'all. Just had a friend gift Me 2 buffalo briskets and 2 roasts.

Having never smoked buffalo before, wondering if you all have any tips on the cooking of these? My beef briskets are always a hit and come out tender and delicious if I do say so Myself, but, with the buffalo being such a lean brisket, any tips?

I'm thinking low temp for a couple of hours to get good smoke in it, then foiling it to keep it from drying out until I get it to temp.

Other thoughts I've been mulling around is whether I should brine it for 24-48, or just rub it down night before and cook it. Was really shocked on how small the briskets were (4.5-6lbs) and really don't want to ruin them.
Any advice is greatly appreciated :D
Thanks!
Robert

What I do is either inject or use Kosmos marinade over nite and then put strips of bacon on top. Smoke for a couple of hours, raise the temp to 300 to finish. Pull the bacon off and put what is left after you eat some in a pot of baked beans. Twice smoked bacon, and it keeps the brisket moist. But back to the brisket, I do wrap after IT of 160 while adding some liquid. If i do not have any buffalo broth I will add a little beef broth. Would like to know how yours turns out.

Back