Second cook on the Shirley....Brisket!

That looks great, my goal for 2016 is to do good brisket, I've only done 2 in the past with mediocre results, nothing like the brisket I see on here!! Merry Christmas brothers and a great new year!!

Re

Great job with the brisket, rain is my arch enemy, I need to get something like you have to make my life easier. Keep smokin brotha! question.....I heard no mention of you smoking a fatty to break it in.....SAY IT AINT SO ! LMAO

Thanks all!

Great job! I hope I can duplicate your results tomorrow!

I think you'll be fine Chris. Just keep her going around 300. I cooked pretty close to the firebox side on the lower shelf to maximize the heat. Lots of moisture in there, I was surprised by that.

ill be doing my first cook on mine very soon...should be done any day now....

You're gonna love it!

Great job with the brisket, rain is my arch enemy, I need to get something like you have to make my life easier. Keep smokin brotha! question.....I heard no mention of you smoking a fatty to break it in.....SAY IT AINT SO ! LMAO

You have to break it in with a fattie! I did 2. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3422660&postcount=34

If you get an EZ Up, be prepared that the underside will stain from the smoke. So, have it dedicated for smoking. This one is 8 years old and the top is pretty worn from lots of use. I figured it was time to sacrifice this for smoking and pick up a new one for our next beach trip.

Back