It's FINALLY here: My BlueSmoke Offset Smoker!!!

As stated previously a cord is 4'x4'x8' or 128CF.
Ole time Southerners would call what you have two ricks.
A rick is 4'x8'x any length stick. AKA, by some, as a face cord.
What you have will last a good long time. Buy again when you get down to one rick. Keep a rotation going.

I'm hoping I can do that this weekend.

Also, I just found out the Barrett-Jackson Auction is here this weekend, and it is tempting to go drool over the Cobras and other cars I'll never own for a day Saturday.....

But anyway, at this point, I plan to try to fire it up and season it in this week.

You can have your cake and eat it too...watch the auction on TV while doing some Q! I say this as a "car guy" who lives up the road from the Scottsdale one though...so I am spoiled in that aspect.

either way, have fun!

The bottom latch works by using the weight of the handle to hold the latch part against the stops, if that explanation makes sense. I think Phil designs it that way to prevent the handle from protruding out past the edge of the firebox, but not really sure.

Heat also rises so it may stay slightly cooler.

I feel it is the best bang for your buck as smokers are considered.. Enjoy that thing..

At least I got wood...

A cord 4'x4'x8'....128cuft. Down south, where ya be I've heard they have terms like "face cord" and the like and what that exactly is I couldn't say, but ya have yer cooker, got the wood and didn't pay $600-650 fer it so enjoy!!

-D

Yeah, the bottom line is, I got a good bit of wood, which apparently down here in the New Orleans area is a feat unto itself!??!

I had people quoting me $600 for half cord...$900 full cord.

I figure I got close enough, for this area for $340.

I found out the burn ban here was lifted for home grills, cookers and smokers...so I'm legal now to fire it up!!

I hope to do the burn in Friday afternoon....and do a real cook with it Saturday!!!

Can't wait!!

Hmm..guess I need to pull my brisket out of freezer this afternoon....and run to the store for ingredients to make a "fatty".

;)

cayenne

Back