• Hearty Pepperoni and Sausage Pizzeria Style Pizza Pie

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Decided to take a stab at the "Freezer Dive Challenge" Throwdown, which is happening right here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294758

The "big" freezer is in the garage:

The freezer:

Full of all kinds of goodies:

Some dough:

Also, found some pepperoni and sausage:

The dough after it had been thawed and relaxed:

Started working it into a disc:

Topped with homemade sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. (didn’t get pics of all the pizza building steps, including the sausage I added)

Into the Blackstone to cook at 675 degrees:

Here’s a cool animated gif I made of the pizza cooking:

e05TkRw.gif

4 minutes later, all done:

Closer:

Nice bubbles on the crust, firm and crisp on the bottom, and lots of sausage and pepperoni - it was a dang fine "frozen" pizza!

Last edited:
Richard, mighty fine pie right there!

Any chance you could add some mushrooms to mine?

Never mind, don't usually find shrooms in the freezer.

Moose.

You missed a step. AFTER you constructed the pizza, to make it truly authentic you should have frozen it again in a pizza box, then thawed it out and cooked it. :p

However, that's the best frozen Pizza I've ever seen. Sadly it will NOT be available in my local supermarket. :mad:

Great looking pizza Richard. Ever since the inception of this throwdown I visit my freezer more often.

Ditto good looking pizza. I'm wondering, do chest freezers yield more surprising ingredients in circumstances like this?

Good bubble action too.

Love the bubbles - it's really fun to watch them rise as the pie cooks on the Blackstone. The difference is striking between when the pie first started cooking vs a few minutes in:

10_16_21_Pizza2.jpg

e05TkRw.gif

Another good lookin’ Pizza Richard!

Reminds me that I need to take my Blackstone PO apart and figure out what happened (no propane making it through). Hopefully something simple.

Keep meaning to ask: How are you liking Tenn in that area? Keep looking at different parts of the Country to flee to when it gets too silly here. Thinking of checking out the area outside of Knoxville.

Looks fantastic. You’ve definitely mastered the art of pizza cooking.

Good luck on the TD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good looking pizza Moose, serious question, what make a pie "tavern style"?

Good looking pizza Moose, serious question, what make a pie "tavern style"?

Tom, "tavern" style pizzas are economical, quick and easy to prepare pies to feed bar patrons, in a nutshell.

They are very thin crusted, and light on the sauce, cheese and toppings, so they are a considerably lighter style of pizza, vs the hearty pies I typically cook. They are often cut into squares, vs wedges.

Back