MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #16
Gnomatic
Got Wood.

I assume, like many wifi devices, it will have to be connected to in ad hoc mode for the initial setup. And that's fine.

What I'm less than clear on, is if the Block's wifi can be changed to infrastructure mode and be configured to connect directly to my routers's wifi network.(like my CyberQ Wifi)

I hope that is the case.
Gnomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomatic View Post
I assume, like many wifi devices, it will have to be connected to in ad hoc mode for the initial setup. And that's fine.

What I'm less than clear on, is if the Block's wifi can be changed to infrastructure mode and be configured to connect directly to my routers's wifi network.(like my CyberQ Wifi)

I hope that is the case.
Cyber WiFi was exactly my thought. I'm thinking ad hoc only but will try.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #18
jakel
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Mine should be here NLT Thursday

Cheers,
John

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." R.Reagan
jakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #19
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Mine came today as well. The build quality is better than expected. Charging up now.
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #20
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice to hear that they are arriving and people are satisfied with them. I am anxiously awaiting the email notification for shipment of my Block.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #21
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Looks cook, Sako. I have meater envy

Old 10-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #22
Michigan BBQ Fan
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Scott

Looks great. Do you mind if I ask what they run?

KCBS Certified Judge
Member KCBS & GLBBQA
Competition BBQ Cook

!!!Welcome to the BBQ REVIVAL!!!
Michigan BBQ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #23
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I have a thermopen, a dot, and a cyber q. Still I find myself interest in other gadgets. Keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #24
ssv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan BBQ Fan View Post
Looks great. Do you mind if I ask what they run?
It was a crowd funding project on Kickstarter and I pledged $164 IIRC. It took three years (much later than anticipated) to come true. At least the block.

They have the blocks on pre-order now for $199. Single units are $69 I believe. Block is better since you get four probes plus the the it's is a hub between your phone and the router so you can use it via Wifi. You can use it with your phone or standalone. You can also use the standalone via wifi but for better range you need a spare phone or tablet to act as the hub. Block eliminated the range issue.
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Pit Barrer Junior

Old 10-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #25
ssv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanco Connection View Post
Looks cook, Sako. I have meater envy
Thanks Kanco! I plan to use it this weekend via the app over wifi. I'll do a post on how it does but I suspect it should be good.
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Pit Barrer Junior

Old 10-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #26
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looks nice, keep us updated on the long term use. I've backed some pretty sweet Kickstarter projects and have regretted none of them. Mine were all delivered more or less on time though....what was the initial projection for the Meater?

Old 10-17-2018, 06:57 AM   #27
Cat797
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

Just got notified yesterday that mine shipped as well. I can't wait. I stayed with the block too, versus the upgrade to the newer version.....

Old 10-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #28
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

"Hello, your product(s) is now traveling to you!"

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #29
Gnomatic
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
You can also use the standalone via wifi but for better range you need a spare phone or tablet to act as the hub.

Have you confirmed its wifi connectivity is limited to ad hoc only? TBH I'll be a bit disappointed if this is the case.

Its no bother if it has to be connected to in ad hoc mode for initial connectivity and setup. But I would certainly hope, after 3yrs of development, in the settings it would a have infrastructure mode(similar to my CyberQ Wifi) where I could configure it to connect directly to my home's wifi network. I feel that's a small ask.
Gnomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #30
ssv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post
Looks nice, keep us updated on the long term use. I've backed some pretty sweet Kickstarter projects and have regretted none of them. Mine were all delivered more or less on time though....what was the initial projection for the Meater?
I certainly will. The projection was only 3 months But to be fair they were only looking to raise $125,000 and ended up raising $1.2 mil so a lot more backers plus the hurdles extended the time

They also raised a fee million dollars on indiegogo but Kickstarter backers get theirs first.
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Pit Barrer Junior