Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro 440 Unboxing

That’s One of the reasons I’m getting back to pellets. I want to cook more often.

Ditto! A huge reason for my return to pellets. I am able to cook outdoors WAY more often. I was also able to rediscover my love for pellet grilled/smoked food (I had a US made Traeger back in the day).

How does this compare to the similar RecTec model? Or a GMG option?

Or is this like comparing Backwoods and Humphrey's insulated models?

1) forget the dark side bit, I consider it enlightened.
2) only problem is wife can find things for you to do and you do not have to baby set a stick burner.
3) Pellet or not, people love my cooking!

How does this compare to the similar RecTec model? Or a GMG option?

Or is this like comparing Backwoods and Humphrey's insulated models?

I liked it just as much as the Rec-Tec but i didn't like the exhaust on the Rec-Tec and the Smoke Daddy weighed a little more. Never seen either in person though.

It's a little thicker than the GMG. In person the GMG models didn't feel as sturdy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bump for my friend in St Louis...

Update, seems that by design the lid has a gap across the top that lets some heat out. Pretty much what I was trying to avoid with the Rec-tec. I wipe off the smoke after every cook. If it bothers me I'll put a gasket on it.

Bump for my friend in St Louis...

Update, seems that by design the lid has a gap across the top that lets some heat out. Pretty much what I was trying to avoid with the Rec-tec. I wipe off the smoke after every cook. If it bothers me I'll put a gasket on it.

If it's any consolation PG's aren't supposed to be air tight, my 1 Star has vents in the back but smoke also escapes on the sides of the rolled lid and there is a gap so that's suppose to happen. Not really that noticeable since it's powder coated black but when I want to give it a good cleaning I'll hit it with easy off and wipe it down, looks good as new.

If it's any consolation PG's aren't supposed to be air tight, my 1 Star has vents in the back but smoke also escapes on the sides of the rolled lid and there is a gap so that's suppose to happen. Not really that noticeable since it's powder coated black but when I want to give it a good cleaning I'll hit it with easy off and wipe it down, looks good as new.

Yeah, i know. Builder said the same thing. I just thought it was funny because that's why i didn't buy the Rec-tec.

Yeah, i know. Builder said the same thing. I just thought it was funny because that's why i didn't buy the Rec-tec.

Yep, my MAK 2 Star is the same. Used to kind of bug me as well, as I very much enjoy a clean smoker. Once I found the right cleaning supplies, it suddenly became a non-issue. I have also come to the conclusion that this type of venting tends to produce more even cooking, and at least with the MAK’s specific venting, hold back the smoke a bit longer before exiting.

I’ve seen a lot of guys plug holes on pellet smokers with foil or gaskets trying to eek every last drop of smoke flavor out of those pellets.

Once I found the right cleaning supplies, it suddenly became a non-issue.

And those right cleaning supplies are.........? :confused: :grin:

I'm getting some smoke creep up the sides of my PG1000. Doesn't bother me too much, but if I can get it to come off easily, I wouldn't mind wiping it down.

And those right cleaning supplies are.........? :confused: :grin:

I'm getting some smoke creep up the sides of my PG1000. Doesn't bother me too much, but if I can get it to come off easily, I wouldn't mind wiping it down.

On your PG1000, which is all stainless... the absolute best cleaner I have found is Mr. Muscle. It’s a foam spray. Apply it, let it sit for a couple of mins and just wipe away. It’s amazing stuff. Not the cheapest, but it lasts. I just bought a 6 pack on Amazon for $45ish delivered to my door. It’ll last me for several years.

You may find it under this label (pictured on the right):
a59c4ccc10d70599bdd375defaeaee82.jpg

Or this label:
c68c4019edd54c9385a42cde9538703d.jpg

The SD20 in the first pic is an outstanding every-cook cleaner. Apply when the cooker is still warm to the touch and it gets most everything off with ease. The Mr. Muscle will take care of the super stubborn stuff.

get some XL heavy duty foil and foil the drip pan. that and a dedicated shop vac and clean up is a breeze!

get some XL heavy duty foil and foil the drip pan. that and a dedicated shop vac and clean up is a breeze!
I do both. I will say the drip pan is at a really steep angle so nearly all the grease ends up in the bucket.

Back