Generator question

I am not sure how the rest of the country works but all comps in New England offer electric. We keep a few different adaptors in our travel kit just in case they are offering 30/50 amp, they are cheap on amazon. Many teams use a battery backup for their controllers as comp power can be unreliable. I can say I really never see folks wheeling out a large generator because they are not very friendly!

My advise, always ask the comp organizer about electric ahead of time if you are unsure of the situation!

No, but they likely did say they offered 30A. If you are going to use comp power, you have to be prepared for 20A, 30A, or even 50A. That and a couple hundred feet of cord. Be prepared!!

Yep! I carry a full set of adapters, 75' of 30A cord and 150' of 20A, and I have had to use every inch of it a couple of times :shock:

One note: Don't get cheap cords! The voltage drop in a 100', 16ga cord is enough to damage equipment. 12ga is a minimum.

I am not sure how the rest of the country works but all comps in New England offer electric.

We have two local competitions that don't provide power, but both are very open about that, but even so, some folks showed up unprepared :shock:

man I guess I have been very lucky. Never had any comps that didn't have power provided and I've never had any power outages. I've had a few water issues and with a water cooker, that wasn't good. lol

Back