MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #7636
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

^^^

Sound advise. Or when you reach 110* IT just crack the lid back to drive temps up for a sear. You'll get an exceeding bark/crust if you sear on the performer though if that's what you're looking for.

Oh and congrats on the PBJ. It's an awesome cooker and can handle a lot for its size.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #7637
ssv3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanco Connection View Post
marinated and skewered. I wish I could space them out. I think they weren't cooking fast since they all bunched up together. Smaller pieces next time.

Here they are off the cooker. The darker ones are hers--better sear, of course. But flavor off the PBC dominated.

This recipe is killer. Moist, tender, flavorful. I don't know how to do anything better with chicken breast.

That's about the size when I hang kabobs Kanco. Gotta try that recipe on some thighs. Looks really good.
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Pit Barrer Junior

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #7638
shishkabob
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Anthony

My PBC came in today, but I can't open it or use it until xmas according to the mrs. because it's a present.... bah humbug
shishkabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #7639
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkabob View Post
My PBC came in today, but I can't open it or use it until xmas according to the mrs. because it's a present.... bah humbug
You're gonna love it. Maybe just tell her you need to 'set it up'. Will take you all of 3 minutes. If all else fails go watch the PBC videos again and go buy some meat. You'll be posting pictures soon!
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #7640
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkabob View Post
Tell her that it needs seasoning, and if you don't cook at least a fatty, the BBQ Gods will be offended, and every cook henceforth shall be cursed.
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 08:59 PM   #7641
PUNKem733
On the road to being a farker

Sorry for the pics. How do you resize? Tried to just link up the pics, but won't allow me to delete post.

Last edited by PUNKem733; 12-15-2017 at 09:05 PM..
PUNKem733 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #7642
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

If you're using Imgur, just put a L in front of the .jpg

Old 12-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #7643
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Hey, Punkem! NICE COOK!!! Normally, those giant pics earn guys a couple friendly jabs, but when the ribs are that beautiful they deserve to be super-sized. Post it LOUD! Post it PROUD!

Old 12-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #7644
PUNKem733
On the road to being a farker

Thanks Kanco, and sportster. At least the pics can be viewed in a more manageable size.
PUNKem733 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #7645
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Hey fellas, I’ve got 9 racks of ribs to cook tomorrow. I know the PBC can do 8. The most I’ve done on it is 3. Just wondering if anyone has noticed a significant difference in timing of the cook when you really load it down with 6-8.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #7646
ssv3

Quote:
Hey fellas, I’ve got 9 racks of ribs to cook tomorrow. I know the PBC can do 8. The most I’ve done on it is 3. Just wondering if anyone has noticed a significant difference in timing of the cook when you really load it down with 6-8.
Where there's 8 there's 9. Just load up the basket full and tight and give yourself extra time. When packed full it takes a bit longer to cook. When I loaded mine up I hooked two slabs on one hook and it worked perfect.
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Pit Barrer Junior

Old 12-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #7647
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Sako!

Old 12-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #7648
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
I, too, am doing 9 slabs tomorrow. To avoid overcrowding I am going to use my WSM 22" with a Gateway rib rack. It would be interesting to compare notes. BB, STL or spares? All I could get were BB's. I am going to try and allow 5 hours before delivering them to friends and coworkers for a Christmas happy. I tried 8 racks of spares last year, and 5 hours was not enough time on the PBC, so be forewarned.
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #7649
Kanco Connection
is One Chatty Farker

Hey Lloyd, thanks for the input. I’m doing baby backs. I’m planning on 5 hours total, but maybe I’ll give myself even more leeway.
My reputation is on the line here. 15 fellas coming over for my birthday tomorrow! My guys know I can kill it with steaks on the kettle, so they’re expecting the same result with the ribs and triptip. Probably do some pulled pork also. Fingers crossed...

Old 12-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #7650
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Need to get

Tags
hanging meat, Hooking meat, Noah Glanville, PBC, PBJ, pit barrel cooker, pit barrel junior, pork butt, set it and forget it