Rednecked Drum Pron Revisited

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With the drought that we are having, I have to pick my outdoor smoking times carefully and with extreme caution..we had a small rain shower earlier and I jumped at the opportunity to do some smoking of meat in earnest...I got three good looking chuck roasts and rubbed them down with Weber Gourmet Burger Seasonings..and a 8 pound, bone in pork butt rubbed with N8man's Cherry Pork Rub
bowl1.jpgmeat on!!!meatdrum2.jpg
Drum Smokingdrumcook3.jpg

a sneak peek on a little project I'm working on
redpig4.jpg meats after turningturnmeat5.jpg
And for you brothers with a weak constitution, you may want to turn away..
THE SANDWICH!!!! Lottsa mayo, hot & sweet peppers and chopped olives...
sammie6.jpg
My CathyLady said," We couldn't go out and buy meat cooked to that perfection!!"
It turned out more better than I could ever hope for....Good Stuff!!!!!:tongue::wink::grin:

Good looking food!!! On your drum, what is that thing in the middle of the lid? Can't see it to clear.

I know it's late, but there's a sandwich for ya'll waiting right here, right now...
Oh, and the pork butt is still resting in the cooler....shhhh....:wink:

I have been eating and preparing all day. These pic make me want to eat now...but all my cooking is for tomorrow. WHAT TO DO!!!!! Drink something:mrgreen:

I have been eating and preparing all day. These pic make me want to eat now...but all my cooking is for tomorrow. WHAT TO DO!!!!! Drink something:mrgreen:
I wanta see the way you cook that Turkey!!!!! Post lots of Pix!!!! And I'm drinking with ya, Brother. Gotta Wild Turkey on Ice right beside me........whatthafark.........???? Oh man, that glass is empty!?!?! Oh, well, time to get another........Let's see them pix!!!!!!!......:biggrin::!::!:

Where did you get the ram hood ornament?
I got it off of a Ramcharger, in a junkyard about ten or so years ago..I thought about putting it on my Dodge Ram Truck, but when I built my Rednecked Ugly Drum Smoker I knew where it should be mounted....And it is really functional...aids in taking the lid on and off, but it's redhot when I'm smoking and I have to wear Silicone Gloves to handle the top.....:tongue::wink::mrgreen:

Sleepytime.....

Hafta check up with you Brothers tomorrow....gotta sleep now...been up since 3:30 yesterday morning......gonna pull Pork in the morning and slice the rest of the Chucks up...... I'm thinking of making chili out of the leftover chuck roasts and Keri's Hog Apple Beans from some of the Pulled Pork...and maybe some Tacos...mmmmm I'm hungry again......must fight urge to eat 'nother sandwich.......:wink:

I'm about half way done making a UDS/BDS. Going to have to find a hood ornament to put on the lid :biggrin: .

Nate, that sure looks good! I would eat that sammie! Glad you got some rain!
I just ate dinner, and can't move!

I'm about half way done making a UDS/BDS. Going to have to find a hood ornament to put on the lid :biggrin: .
I don't know how I ever got along without my Drumpit....My Weber/Smoker was adequate at the time but my Drum Smoker is the way to go for hassle free Smoking and Quality FoodStuffs!!!!!! Good Luck in finding your Ornament!!
I thought that if I built another, I would get that naked angel lady that was on the old Cadillacs.....:wink::rolleyes:

Nate, that sure looks good! I would eat that sammie! Glad you got some rain!
I just ate dinner, and can't move!
Roy!!!! Did you make Pulled Pork?? How did your ribs turn out???.....Did you use the mustard sauce you made? Was your friend from NC impressed????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! And, as always, I got you some food waiting:wink: And what time is it there?....:?:

That would be sweet!!! Hope you find one. If you find 2 I'll try and buy it off of ya :biggrin: .

:p Nate, this is a first, someone hijacking their own thread!! :p I'll be posting soon!

Back