American Wagyu Burgers from Wal-Mart

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A little while back, Sudsandwine posted about buying some American Wagyu burgers from Wal-Mart, and I finally got my hands on some.
R82y8PC.jpg

YURORof.jpg

Before we get to that, I had to make some keto hamburger buns.
796AiBe.jpg

S1GtS9T.jpg

Then Cooked some bacon on the BS Griddle.
xRCznGv.jpg

pGB1xF5.jpg

RbZzXVy.jpg

Then I cooked up some onions and shrooms.
qGB5ani.jpg

Now we can get to the burgers, but apparently, I took some of the pictures, in my head, only. Damn you Marry.:mrgreen:

DZJhsmd.jpg

Toasted the buns, in the bacon and burger grease.
r8Oxlbg.jpg

Couldn't decide what type of burger I wanted. So I went with one mushroom bacon, and swiss, and another straight up American Burger.
ii9Ui2i.jpg

Plated with some Jicama fries.
ocrPNts.jpg

Overall it was a good meal, but IMO, this burger SUCKS!! Maybe I got a bad batch, but it is over processed, over worked, pink slime. It has hardly no beef flavor, and practically no meat texture at all. I think you could buy the cheapest burger in the store, and it wouldn't be any worse than this. The Marketside organic Grass Fed beef, is only slightly higher, and significantly better than this, and fresh ground brisket would make this look like cat food.

Thanks for looking!

I was wondering what advantage wagyu would have for burgers, since the fat that makes wagyu awesome is ground up in the meat like it would be if you ground some chuck. I’ll save my money, thanks.

It all looks really good though.

Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy them, I will agree with you about the over packing/density, which is why I didnt portion them into larger patties.

A little while back, Sudsandwine posted about buying some American Wagyu burgers from Wal-Mart, and I finally got my hands on some.
R82y8PC.jpg

YURORof.jpg

Before we get to that, I had to make some keto hamburger buns.
796AiBe.jpg

S1GtS9T.jpg

Then Cooked some bacon on the BS Griddle.
xRCznGv.jpg

pGB1xF5.jpg

RbZzXVy.jpg

Then I cooked up some onions and shrooms.
qGB5ani.jpg

Now we can get to the burgers, but apparently, I took some of the pictures, in my head, only. Damn you Marry.:mrgreen:

DZJhsmd.jpg

Toasted the buns, in the bacon and burger grease.
r8Oxlbg.jpg

Couldn't decide what type of burger I wanted. So I went with one mushroom bacon, and swiss, and another straight up American Burger.
ii9Ui2i.jpg

Plated with some Jicama fries.
ocrPNts.jpg

Overall it was a good meal, but IMO, this burger SUCKS!! Maybe I got a bad batch, but it is over processed, over worked, pink slime. It has hardly no beef flavor, and practically no meat texture at all. I think you could buy the cheapest burger in the store, and it wouldn't be any worse than this. The Marketside organic Grass Fed beef, is only slightly higher, and significantly better than this, and fresh ground brisket would make this look like cat food.

Thanks for looking!

I love your attempt, and execution. And they look great. I am just glad you spoke your mind about the meat. I noticed the other poster you mentioned, never mentioned if they were good or not. Stuff like that bothers me, as you would have not wasted your time or money on this product if said poster gave their final thoughts. That said, i just don't get the waygu ground beef. I mean you can grind ribeye and add some fat and it would be 10x better then this product.

burgers look good Josh, thanks for the report.

After all of that monumental effort to make a great burger, I didn't expect that result, but thanks for the honest opinion. You sure go the extra mile, so hopefully the next attempt will pay off.

Nom Nom Nom! I'd still hit them Josh. Execution is killer as mentioned but the raw texture is off. If you come acorss these get em.

eaGZH7ih.jpg

Is that even legal? I mean, to use the label "KOBE" That beef need to be imported from Japan. Am i mistaken?

Is that even legal? I mean, to use the label "KOBE" That beef need to be imported from Japan. Am i mistaken?

"American Style" is the keyword :heh: What I thought initially. This is good stuff though.

I was wondering what advantage wagyu would have for burgers, since the fat that makes wagyu awesome is ground up in the meat like it would be if you ground some chuck. I’ll save my money, thanks.

It all looks really good though.

I can't say, because I have never had real Wagyu burger, but I am of the belief if you grind good meat with the right fat ratio, then it's all the same, no proof other than experience to back that up though.

Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy them, I will agree with you about the over packing/density, which is why I didnt portion them into larger patties.

Not your fault, I blame the producer. So did you like the taste/texture? I can not over state how disappointing this meat was.

I love your attempt, and execution. And they look great. I am just glad you spoke your mind about the meat. I noticed the other poster you mentioned, never mentioned if they were good or not. Stuff like that bothers me, as you would have not wasted your time or money on this product if said poster gave their final thoughts. That said, i just don't get the waygu ground beef. I mean you can grind ribeye and add some fat and it would be 10x better then this product.

I'm not blaming anyone other than the people making it. I think brisket or chuck either one makes great hamburger. I can buy either for about half what I paid for the wagyu patties. Not to mention I have all kinds of ground beef in my freezer, just wanted to try this. Now I know, so I felt it my duty to pass on my experience, but I could be alone, someone out there might think this is fine eating.

burgers look good Josh, thanks for the report.

Thanks Tom, they did look good.:tsk:

After all of that monumental effort to make a great burger, I didn't expect that result, but thanks for the honest opinion. You sure go the extra mile, so hopefully the next attempt will pay off.

Live and learn. Yes, it is tilting, to put in the effort, for something good, and end up with something, I could have bought from any fast food joint. Next time.

I'm not blaming anyone other than the people making it. I think brisket or chuck either one makes great hamburger. I can buy either for about half what I paid for the wagyu patties. Not to mention I have all kinds of ground beef in my freezer, just wanted to try this. Now I know, so I felt it my duty to pass on my experience, but I could be alone, someone out there might think this is fine eating.

I agree with you even though i have not tried this product. I doubt you are alone. I just felt you were mislead in thinking it was worth buying.

I'd love a tutorial on the keto buns. So sick of the lettuce wrap & missing the bread.
Your burgers look great.

I use to eat every meal between two slices of bread, but rarely find myself wanting it anymore. I have tried several keto bread recipes, and this one comes as close to real bread, as I have found. It requires some special ingredients, but it is worth it.
https://www.gnom-gnom.com/paleo-keto-burger-buns/

Nom Nom Nom! I'd still hit them Josh. Execution is killer as mentioned but the raw texture is off. If you come acorss these get em.

Thanks Brother, I certainly ain't hungry, but just disappointing to buy what should be the best burger in the store, and to have it be so bad. Edible, but I will stick to fresh ground burger from now on. I have 3 pounds of ground brisket, and no telling how many pounds from a steer. All would have been so much better.

Originally Posted by EyeBurnEverything View Post

Thats because youre on my ignore list and I only see your posts in the unfortunate event someone quotes you.

*wave*

Thats because youre on my ignore list and I only see your posts in the unfortunate event someone quotes you.

*wave*

Nice to know, kinda cool you went out of your way to tell me, as if i give a ****. Sorry to burst your bubble, but i could care less what you post as its nothing i find worth giving you praise for, sorry. But OP deserves credit for his efforts, atleast he is honest about the end result.

Since the wagu burger patties sucked so bad might I suggest digging the container from the garbage and making an assault on Walmart’s customer service. Being unsatisfied Is grounds for a full refund. Bunny recently got refunded for a gristle ridden sirloin tip roast from Publix with nothing but the receipt.

Back