• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Blackstone Upgrade

P

pharp

I bought the Blackstone 28" on Wal-Mart Black Friday to see if I would like it. I loved it. Today I scored a new Blackstone 36" Stainless Model (with rear grease) for $249. I sold the 28" for $10 more than I paid for it on Black Friday, so I essentially wound up with a SS 36" for $130....super excited!

That's awesome pharp! The SS Blackstones are sharp.

Sweet deal. I love my blackstone and wish I bought it in stainless.
Congrats!

I have an original 36" BLACKSTONE modified by Paul/ Tyler Shirley to remedy the dripping problem.I seasoned it and that is all.Never cooked on it.I am interested in the SS /w back drain.Tell me more.I have a 17 at the house I use sometimes but not much. I think an in between model would suit me better.22 or 28 or whatever they offer now in stainless.What are your reviews on these?

Can you tell us where you got the new one for that price?

I have an original 36" BLACKSTONE modified by Paul/ Tyler Shirley to remedy the dripping problem.I seasoned it and that is all.Never cooked on it.I am interested in the SS /w back drain.Tell me more.I have a 17 at the house I use sometimes but not much. I think an in between model would suit me better.22 or 28 or whatever they offer now in stainless.What are your reviews on these?

I really liked my 28", but it was easier to fill up than I thought. I know they have some different sizes with a stainless front plate, but I think the 36" is the only one they make with a stainless frame.

Just reporting:
My local Walmart has the standard 36" Blackstone griddle, with rear drain, on sale for $199 right now. I couldn't resist that price, the box is now in the middle of the living room floor pending assembly after the cats have completed their inspection.

I love my Blackstone....but...have you seen the Blue Rhino griddle? Fold out cover to make side tables AND a hole in the front for a grease trap. A buddy of mine has one...When I upgrade I think I'm going with that one for just those added features

I've certainly had my eyes on the Blue Rhino griddle, but the $199 sale price on the Blackstone yesterday was too hard to pass up.

If what I saw on the ad is correct,only the stand is stainless.The griddle is still cold rolled steel.Is this correct?

If what I saw on the ad is correct,only the stand is stainless.The griddle is still cold rolled steel.Is this correct?

The frame and all the hardware appears to be SS. The griddle itself is the same as the others. I read an article about it and Blackstone said this surface performed better than the SS they tested. Not sure if that is true, but I know the griddle itself will last forever, just figured this will keep the frame up to par.

Can a front grease griddle surface be swapped for a rear grease one? Does each rest on the frame the same way- those 4 posts?

It does rest on 4 posts, not sure about the placement as compared to another model. I bet by the time you buy/ship a new top you could just buy a new one.

The Blackstone website lists the 36" top with rear drain at $149, out of stock. Description says it fits all 36" frames, so they should be interchangeable.

Back