Cookshack FEC 300 Help

Sir Smoke A Lot

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After a very long absence, I am back!

A whole lot has changed, more on that later.

I am considering purchasing an FEC 300. The sales rep I am working with is unable to set me up with someone who has one to look at. I would very much like to see a 300, 500 or 750 in action before I pull the trigger. I live near the Twin Cities. Do you know of anyone within 4 - 6 hours of driving with one who would be willing to give me demo?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

If you want to take a trip down to the Chicago area, that's probably at your 6 hour limit. I know BBQ Productions & Real Urban BBQ run FEC's. The Original Real Urban location runs 300's, the others run 500's & 750's. If I remember right, BBQ Productions uses 500's.

Looks like there are five Dickey's BBQ in Wisconsin, and another in the Minneapolis area. Call a few if they are within your driving range. If they were opened within the last 3 years they are most likely using an FEC-500 as that's when Dickey's signed a deal with Cookshack.

The FEC-500 is larger than the FEC-300, but uses the same IQ5 Controller and it would give you an idea of their build quality. I think many restaurants opt for the FEC-500 over the FEC-300 just because you get a lot more capacity for not that much more $$$$.

If there is anything specific that you want to know about a FEC 500, let me know. We used one in our restaurant for 6 plus years. We moved locations and I decided to go with a FEC 240 and 120, but the 500 is still going strong in my friends restaurant.

Back