looking at party or fatboy

rxcellentq

Knows what a fatty is.
I am looking at buying a backwoods party or a fatboy. What options are must have and what can we skip. Is the heat diverter a must how about the removable water pan. The guru seem great but could it come later.

I would say a must have option for the party would be to order the "extended" party. I believe it gives you 3 to 4 more inches in depth. As for the other options, heat diverter for sure, SS doors if you want less maintenance, removable pan if you don't want to deal with trying to drain it, and eventually, the Guru for sure.

IMO the heat diverter is mandatory. Wheels are highly recommended but will be much cheaper to add yourself. Any other upgrades are very good but you can live without them.

It will cook all night on a load of charcoal, but the water might run out. If you like sleep get the autowater option.

It will cook all night on a load of charcoal, but the water might run out. If you like sleep get the autowater option.

Hey Chris, do you agree about the need for a heat diverter? I have a dealer telling me that I dont need one. Seems to defy my sense of logic, but I just am not sure as I have 0 hours on a BWS (looking at the party).

Id rather show up to the "party" on my "fatboy" and eat whatever yall are cookin!!!!!:thumb:

make sure you order the deeper version as stated above, then you can use full length hotel pans, a few years ago when I got mine, they said they would fit, however I had to cut them down and weld them back together. The diverter keeps the direct flame off the water and it does help...A must for any cooker is the Guru, just figure it in from the start...

I've ordered the Fatboy for comps. It has thicker walls, ss doors, heat diffuser and water pan. Its attached to a rack with extendable legs and wheels and can attach to a receiver hitch for transport. No guru, maybe later. Will post pics when I pick it up.

Hey Chris, do you agree about the need for a heat diverter? I have a dealer telling me that I dont need one. Seems to defy my sense of logic, but I just am not sure as I have 0 hours on a BWS (looking at the party).

You dont need one, I dont have one on my Party, but it does help with the evaporation of your water. For the small amount of money it costs I would get one.

Back