• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rainy Sunday cook w/Pron

JerBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all, thought I'd share a bit of rainy Sunday rib and ham pron. Fired up the offset and once she was up to temp I threw the spares and ham on at about noon30. Used a mixture of lump and sticks of maple with a little cherry. I had rubbed both with some stuff I'd bought from a guy at a local BBQ competition over the summer. I slashed the ham about 1/2 inch deep in a diamond pattern (OK sort of a diamond-ish pattern). Sprayed them every hour or so with my home pressed apple cider mixed with a bit of cider vinegar. My girls love helping out so that's their job.:thumb: It was a windy, rainy low 50's kind of day but didn't seem to give me too much trouble thanks to the roof and windbreak in my outdoor cookin' area. I hit them both with a finishing glaze of brown sugar, honey and mustard which is the kind of funky colored yellowish stuff in the photo. Mighta looked a bit odd, but ate pretty dang awesome. Good use of a freezer ham and some ribs. Can't hardly wait until next weekend - gonna get the fam together for some thin blue smoke and press some apples while they are still plentiful. Later...

Attachments

• IMG_8740.jpg
    IMG_8740.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 58
Looks good - I didn't get to cook anything this weekend...

Back