safe to wrap meatloaf in bacon the night before?

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
cookin meat loaf tomorrow. wanted to wrap and prepare it tonight so i would set better in the fridge. Just not sure if the addition of the bacon would cause problems food safety wise when it is wrapped in bacon over night before cooking

As long as you keep it in a cold refrigerator, I don't see why it would matter.

I have wrapped meatloaf in advance, but I have wrapped sausages with bacon for big cooks the day before the event.

Last edited:
anyone else wanna chime in with an opinion? Im lookin at makin it in a hour or two. wont be goin on the smoker til afternoon

Doesn't matter from a food safety perspective. Not sure if it might impact the saltiness but even if it did I would think it would be fine.

I can't see any problem as long as you keep it in the fridge

As long as you keep it in a cold refrigerator, I don't see why it would matter.

I have wrapped meatloaf in advance, but I have wrapped sausages with bacon for big cooks the day before the event.

On topic: Should be fine. No cross contamination to worry about there.

Semi-on Topic: BACON WRAPPED SAUSAGES??!?!?! :hail:

Yes and you should study food safety- why you can't do that with a stuffed turkey for example.

Yes and you should study food safety- why you can't do that with a stuffed turkey for example.

Or why you can't drive 85 in a 55.

Try to be relevant, much?

:loco:

Can't wait to see pictures of your bacon wrapped meatloaf.

Semi-on Topic Reply:

On topic: Should be fine. No cross contamination to worry about there.

Semi-on Topic: BACON WRAPPED SAUSAGES??!?!?! :hail:

All types of sausage will work well; Italian, Polish, German, so many more..
Even try bacon wrapped hot dogs.... Bear in mind not everybody likes them bacon wrapped.

The natural casing dogs are the best for this.

enhance

I'd be down with seeing pics of that finished meatloaf also!! Probably one of the next things I'm going to try.

Yup no problem plus more of the delicious bacon flavor will make it's way into the meatloaf.

Zero issues provided that you keep it all in the fridge.

Back