Couple Cooks on the LSG VO

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello friends. I have been MIA for a bit. I am coaching my 7 year old sons pop warner team and it has been a busy couple months! I have gotten in a few cooks but have been unable to share on the site, so just so you guys know I am still here I will bombard you with some pics. Have had a couple visits from family from out of town and also cooked for my friends party last week.

Brisket and pork on the smoker.

Brisket got wrapped in butcher paper, salt and pepper rub.

Cooked a pork butt and picnic roast, salt, pepper and SM cherry rub, no wrap.

Let the meat drip into these beans....it was killer.

Money muscle. Did wrap this with a little butter and brown sugar.

The brisket

Ribs rubbed with SM cherry rub

Ribs

Wife's Mac and cheese

Pulled pork tossed with vinegar sauce.

Bone in chicken breasts with a simple rub. These were super juicy

Just more pork and naked fatties

This was how much bbq sauce was consumed after around 10 family members ate. Either the meat was spot on or I make a chitty bbq sauce.

The boy after his game, GO RAIDERS!!

Sorry for the overkill of pics but I wanted you all to know I'm still here and putting the new smoker to work. Thanks for looking!

Some killer cooks Danny. :icon_cool That money muscle though. :thumb:

Good to see you posting.

Killing it with those cooks! Coaching your kid...doesn't get any better. Just remember to take time to enjoy it. I coached mine for 12 years. Those are some of my favorite memories. It was over too soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Some killer cooks Danny. :icon_cool That money muscle though. :thumb:

Good to see you posting.

Thanks alot Sako. I gotta say I'm loving this smoker. It does eat alot of wood though, that draft is insane!

Killing it with those cooks! Coaching your kid...doesn't get any better. Just remember to take time to enjoy it. I coached mine for 12 years. Those are some of my favorite memories. It was over too soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have never been more busy, but have also never been more happy. Tackle football is special....these kids work so hard and we as parents have grown close like a family. It has been an amazing experience.

Awesome cooks, yes enjoy the time with your son, I also enjoyed coaching my son. It's been a couple years but he wants to play some b-ball and I'm ready for it :)

Thanks alot Sako. I gotta say I'm loving this smoker. It does eat alot of wood though, that draft is insane!

You are so right about the draft. I am sure you are going to love your LSG VO as much as I do mine.

Great cook. Thanks so much for the pics.

Lol, I hear ya. It's a bigger pit compared to other backyard offsets and the draft doesn't help, though it's a good problem to have.:biggrin1: Better than having draft issues for sure. What are you averaging? I'm at a split every 30-40 mins on average.

Looks awesome Danny and I'm betting your BBQ sauce is just fine, well cooked Q just doesn't need doctored up. :thumb:

Lol, I hear ya. It's a bigger pit compared to other backyard offsets and the draft doesn't help, though it's a good problem to have.:biggrin1: Better than having draft issues for sure. What are you averaging? I'm at a split every 30-40 mins on average.

I am right there at 30 to 45 minutes per split. I'm not afraid to let it smoke a bit with the insane draft, nothing gets oversmoked.

Thanks for sharing the cook pics look amazing and you got a good looking kid to boot.

Food looks great! I remember those pop warner augusts and how exhausting 5 days a week was enjoy your time with the kido it goes all to fast

Can't wait to get mine. Just spring loaded for Christmas to plunk down my LSG VO deposit and get in line

Back