Long Island, NY (homeless vets)

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
THANKSGIVING MEALS

The BBQ Brethren and friends (hopefully including you!) will again be creating HUGE Thanksgiving meals for the families of at-risk/homeless veterans and families dealing w/ breast cancer.

Last year we mad 61 full family meals and 81 turkeys. We hope to bump that up to 75 full family meals this year (and who knows how many turkeys).

We need help!

We need people who can make and donate side dishes. We will need close to 400 quarts of sides. If you can make some glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, peas, etc., please let me know.

The food is brought to a hall in Deer Park the day before Thanksgiving by all of the donors. We will have a number of rigs in the parking lot smoking turkeys.

The food gets broken down into quart containers (if they weren't already) and assembled with others of the same kind (ie, all the stuffing gets put on the same table). Volunteers then assemble everything needed for each family in a box, label it and give them to the delivery drivers.

The drivers then deliver the meals to the families in need.

If you could lend a hand, please let me know.

Thanks!

Eric

Kudos to Y'all. If I wasn't 1731 miles away I'd Help. I just checked - Maps says only 1442 miles but still too Far......

Kudos to Y'all. If I wasn't 1731 miles away I'd Help. I just checked - Maps says only 1442 miles but still too Far......

Not to worry, I have a plan. Make enough tater salad to fill half a cooler. Fill up half the remaining space w/ ice. Start walking north east. When you pass by Elgin, fill the remaining 25% of the cooler w/ sausage.

We'll see you in November!

Back